It's NATIVE AMERICAN not Indian, racist fucks!

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: It's NATIVE AMERICAN not Indian, racist fucks!

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm
If a burger uses the term "indian," then you can kind of guess which group they are referring to
Traditionally, yes. but in the last 2-3 decades, we've been inundated with Curry Indians, so it's become extremely confusing.

Someone came up with the term "Amerindian" around a century ago, but it never caught on in North America. If you tried to say it now, you'd probably be called a racist by SJWs simply because it's old and obscure. The same kind of people that get offended by "colored", "negro",.and "Afro-American".
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 pm

That and it sounds fucking stupid. No wonder Euro Disney is being overrun by sand suckers; too busy sitting around trying to cure fake oppression to take of their own shit.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:17 am

Forky wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:43 pm
Spotter a similar situation in a Gatorade ad on ESPN last night. Bunch of high school basketballers putting tape over their 'Indians' team jerseys then posing tough like they just caused world peace or some shit. Libs are really into Injuns now.
The irony is that, from what I hear, real Native American Indians don't give a shit about their bullshit. They don't care if you call it the Washington Redskins. They don't give a fuck. This is all whiny hipsters getting offended on their behalf.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:43 am

I worked for a Native American man during the height of the Redskins hysteria, and he told me he really didn't give a damn about it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:46 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 pm
Someone came up with the term "Amerindian" around a century ago
This is the term that Shadowrun uses for it's Native American population, actually, and I don't mind it one bit.

At least it used to. I don't think I recall them being mentioned once in any version of Shadowrun Returns but my old Genesis copy pretty much centers around journeying into, "Amerindian lands."
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 am

I don't mind calling them Native Americans. But when whiny libtard faggots start getting all butthurt and fucking picky about what to call them, that's what pisses me off most.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:30 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:52 pm
(Also "American Indian" is confusing as it could technically refer to an Indian whose parents migrated from America for some reason.)
Well, that was a Simpsons joke.
Probably not in the German dub, which somehow manages to do a worse job at translating jokes than most animu dubs.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:43 am
I worked for a Native American man during the height of the Redskins hysteria, and he told me he really didn't give a damn about it.
Did I ever tell the tale of a Black American officer who was stationed in Germany and laughed his ass off when he discovered the treat colloquially known as "negro kiss"?

It's fine and all being offended and shit, but it might be wiser to first check if anyone is actually offended.
Stranger wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:46 am
This is the term that Shadowrun uses for it's Native American population, actually, and I don't mind it one bit.

At least it used to. I don't think I recall them being mentioned once in any version of Shadowrun Returns but my old Genesis copy pretty much centers around journeying into, "Amerindian lands."
A quick search tells me of a "Native American Nation" in Shadowrun, so they probably changed that in one edition.
Last edited by VoiceOfReasonPast on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Alcoholics don't have the energy to get offended about terminology. They'd have to be awake and sober for that.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 am

I'm offended by the word burger, you culturally insensitive fucks.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Also the term "hamburger" is cultural appropriation, seeing how only a few - if any - of them are actually from Hamburg.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette