Twin Peaks

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Throne of Dysentery

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:35 am

I'm glad Lynch retracted his statement about retiring from filmmaking; modern American cinema could really do with a dose of frenetic surrealism.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 pm
Where did he say this? I know that Lost Highway is supposed to be in the same universe as Twin Peaks, and that Mulholland Drive was originally going to be a Twin Peaks spin-off with Audrey Horne going to Hollywood. But I don't think I've heard that the final product is related to Twin Peaks, other than sharing a director, a few actors and possibly some thematic similarities common to all his works. I suppose I'll have to check my copy of Lynch on Lynch
I can't confirm this, it's something I heard from somewhere so it could be total BS. It could also originate from that initial Audrey going to Hollywood script and the final product has nothing to do with TP. Still, some scenes in TP feel like they're right out from MD.
Did you see Part 8?
That was Eraserhead-trippy, not IE-trippy. Different nuances man.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:35 am
I'm glad Lynch retracted his statement about retiring from filmmaking; modern American cinema could really do with a dose of frenetic surrealism.
I think what he said was that he was misquoted.

In any case, I hope Showtime gives him another show if there's not going to be any more Twin Peaks. We need more shows like Nu-Peaks and less shows like Game of Plebs and whatever Current Year garbage is currently making the rounds.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Lynch would be a great choice for directing and writing one season of True Detective. Pizzolatto has ripped off Lynch's style before, let the master himself show to his apprentice how things are done.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:51 pm

That really would be slumming it for Lynch. I mean, I know True Detective is an anthology series and so Lynch would be able to do whatever he wants with it for a season, so long as it's a crime drama. But Pizza is just so below his level that it wouldn't be worth the acknowledgement. He's already shown the imitators how it should be done, if he didn't do that with the original Twin Peaks in the first place. I'd rather see him create something that's completely his own.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:37 am

I'd still love to see him bring the Mulholland Drive series to fruition; I wonder how he would expound on certain things now.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Finale tonight, lads.

I'm sad to be honest. I'm sad that there's not going to be any more Twin Peaks. I really enjoyed getting up at 2AM every Monday just to watch it.
Kugelfisch wrote:

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:51 pm
That really would be slumming it for Lynch. I mean, I know True Detective is an anthology series and so Lynch would be able to do whatever he wants with it for a season, so long as it's a crime drama. But Pizza is just so below his level that it wouldn't be worth the acknowledgement. He's already shown the imitators how it should be done, if he didn't do that with the original Twin Peaks in the first place. I'd rather see him create something that's completely his own.
Jesus haven't you set the bar high, not only Game of Thrones is garbage, but True Detective too? :mrgreen: Second season was mediocre but first one was real quality, it only had one major stupidity concerning that inane love triangle subplot, but otherwise, mint. GoT has been pure silliness past two seasons after the book material ran out, but it's been an epic silliness. Constantly increasing feminist agenda behind its writing is getting on my nerves though.

I'm positive tonight's finale will be satisfying. I've liked the endings of every Lynch film except the ending of original TP, but that wasn't intended to be the end anyway.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:42 pm

I never said True Detective wasn't good, just that it wasn't as good as anything Lynch has done. It's also completely different tonally from any of Lynch's works, I've always felt that True Detective had sort of a James Ellroy-like quality to it and some Plebbitor claimed that Pizza ripped off Ellroy's The Big Nowhere for season 2. Lynch would be completely out of place working on it and, like I said, he could make something far better that was completely his own.
veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:06 pm
I'm positive tonight's finale will be satisfying. I've liked the endings of every Lynch film except the ending of original TP, but that wasn't intended to be the end anyway.
'Beyond Life and Death' was one of, if not the, best Twin Peaks episodes, fuck you cliffhanger aside.
Kugelfisch wrote:

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:11 pm

I was talking just about the "Who's Annie?" ending scene, I loved all the black lodge scenes in that episode. When I saw TP first time in 1998 or 1999 I found it very disappointing it ended like that. That was the conclusion of TP for 25 years.

Sure it would be best if Lynch would create something completely his own, but out from the already existing series I would like to see him directing TD. Even better would be him returning to filmmaking. Just pls let it be about something else than Hollywood actress going crazy. :roll: