Twin Peaks

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:16 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:11 pm
That was the conclusion of TP for 25 years.
Well, it wasn't because Fire Walk With Me suggested that Good Cooper (and Laura) ascended to the White Lodge. It's only when the revival came along that we were disabused of this belief
veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:11 pm
Even better would be him returning to filmmaking. Just pls let it be about something else than Hollywood actress going crazy. :roll:
It won't happen. In his words arthouse is dead and his films aren't commercial enough otherwise. Whereas TV is (supposed to be) undergoing a renaissance, giving creators like Lynch a proper forum for their ideas.

If he does something else it probably will be another TV show.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:00 am

Well, the finale was hot garbage. What a fucking shame.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:38 am

I enjoyed it, but it did leave me saying 'Fuck you David' like so many of the previous episodes have.

I suspect this was a sequel hook for another season, making this a bittersweet experience
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Part 17 was excellent, part 18 felt like Lynch cruelly laughing at the audience. I'm desperately praying for season 4. I'm gonna be crushed if part 18 is the end of Twin Peaks.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I just want to kill David Lynch. I knew somehow, in the back of my mind, that he'd find some way to give the audience the middle finger. But I figured it was going to be Cooper never getting his mind back. Not what he did, which was leave sooo many unanswered questions.

Who is Judy, David? Who the fuck is Judy?
Kugelfisch wrote:

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Judy is an ancient evil spirit that has possessed Sarah Palmer. What I want to know is where is Audrey and what happened to Coop and Laura at the end of the episode?

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:09 pm

I've been a David Lynch fan since the mid 90s so I knew that not everything would be answered and not everything would be resolved.

Still, give me a fucking break, Lynch. What the fuck was that shit?

I mean, I guess I should be thankful that everyone didn't turn into fucking rabbits at the end, but there is just so much shit that happened this season that was completely meaningless.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:04 am

Lynch loves to bewilder and frustrate his audience, and like the masochists that we are, we keep coming back for more. The subjectivity of his work is one of the main reasons why he's so enduring; people endlessly debating about what it all means is why he'll always be relevant, even though he's not prolific. Sometimes, though, I wish he'd maybe explain some things.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 am

That sure explained everything and tied all the plot strings nicely together. I was expecting some surreal art house open ending, not exactly this. :mrgreen:

There was some dispute between Lynch and Showtime in 2015 and Lynch nearly walked out from this project. Maybe that was partly due this ending?

Showtime: What kind of ending is this? What does this even mean?
Lynch: It's about a journey.
Showtime: ??? Shit, David, we can't end it like this! Mainstream audience will hate it!
Lynch: Total. Artistic. Freedom. Or no show, bitches.

Ok, so.. After Cooper altered the past so BOB vanished from the existence and Laura didn't get killed in the past, Cooper and Laura are now trapped in a timeloop created by Judy. Here they are Richard and Carrie with new personalities who only partly resemble and remember their former selves. The new residents of Palmer house are also from the black lodge, but for some reason Cooper/Richard didn't recognize their names, or did he? And what years is this?

: -) ALL
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:58 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm
I just want to kill David Lynch. I knew somehow, in the back of my mind, that he'd find some way to give the audience the middle finger.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 74/065.jpg
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]