Twin Peaks

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Pope Corky III

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm

In any case, I’ve finished the original series, so I shall compile my thoughts.

-Hawk is god-tier, if you disagree I will stab you.

-Leland Palmer is also god-tier, but less because of the character and more because Ray Wise’s acting was by far the best on this show. It’s actually infuriating Kyle McLaughclan was nominated for an Emmy in the very same episode where Wise was untouchable. Don’t get me wrong, Kyle does a good job acting on this show, but winning acting awards is all about running the emotional gamut, and that’s exactly what Wise does on this show. I don’t think the show slumped because the mystery was solved, it’s because Wise was no longer there to hold things together.

-Speaking of solving mysteries, I may be the only person who thinks this, but I think the executives made the right call in forcing Lynch to reveal the killer early. 22 episodes in a second season? Yea fuck that. The show was already starting to drag its feet. There’s only so much you can do with a murder mystery and the characters surrounding it.

- I was really let down by how Andy kept being a fuck-up after his moment of glory gunning down Bernard Renault. Characters are supposed to get better/more competent after moments like that, not more incompetent.

-The way
SpoilerShow
Katherine
comes back is amazing and deliciously racist.

-If prime Twin Peaks was airing now, I wonder how many autists would be running around talking/cosplaying like Dale Cooper.

-Whoever's idea it was to have the Giant slow-motion waving his arms and yelling "NO!" at cooper the third time he shows up needs to be beaten with a soap inside a sock. Jesus Christ what a disgrace to the character.

-"The owls are not what they seem." Anyone want to explain this? Or rather, explain why it had nothing to do with Laura Palmer's murder, or anything? They're symbols on a map. Whoopdefuckingdoo.
Last edited by Pope Corky III on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm
-If prime Twin Peaks was airing now, I wonder how many autists would be running around talking/cosplaying like Dale Cooper.
And you'd have entire YT channels dedicated to deep lore analysis behind the giant and the owls.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Autists wearing nice suits? Yeah, don't see that happening.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:28 pm
Autists wearing nice suits? Yeah, don't see that happening.
That's what I thought at first, but then I remember Latza all tuxedoed out in that Metokur Latza video.

Also, Matt Smith and David Tennant's Doctor's are dressed up pretty snazzy, and that's practically mandatory for fedora tippers.
Last edited by Pope Corky III on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Twin Peaks isn't really a fedora tippers' kind of show. There's also the fact that your average autist would have a difficult time finding a nice suit that would fit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 pm
There's also the fact that your average autist would have a difficult time finding a nice suit that would fit.
Didn't stop Linkara from wearing that green power ranger outfit that I now can't find a fucking picture of.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:37 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm
You sure there aren't any? Harassing people with a coffee mug and spouting "damn good coffee" all day?
Though I'm interested if any one will pop out in a Dougie Jones get-up. It would be easier for them to copy his mannerisms as well.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am

sigh wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:37 am
Though I'm interested if any one will pop out in a Dougie Jones get-up.
Are we talking the actual Dougie or catatonic Dale?
Kugelfisch wrote:

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Well I just saw the movie:

-
SpoilerShow
How the fuck does Laura not realize that it was Leland raping her all these years (or that BOB was Leland)?
-Cooper was barely in the movie as it is. They really couldn't have had him investigate Theresa Banks murder?

-Bobby was completely justified in killing that guy. The dealer pulled out a gun and didn't say whether or not he was a cop. I'd have clipped his ass too. How bout that? Mr. constant stupid look on his face does something useful for once.

-No Hawk, instant letter grade and a half penalty.

-For someone who's eternally grateful to Twin Peaks, Lara Flynn Boyle sure fucked up the show alot.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

sigh

Post by sigh » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am
Are we talking the actual Dougie or catatonic Dale?
They are pretty much the same person, at least anybody around didn't seem to notice any difference other than some weight loss. Though we don't really now much about the original Dougie.