Ready Player One

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Ready Player One

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:21 pm

But nobody gives a fuck about Tranzor or Star Balzers, Tranzor itself bombed hard in the U.S. because it came out too late. Next you'll be telling me people still give a shit about Robotech.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm

I think this thread proved, more than anything else, that Ernest Cline needs to kill himself
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:55 pm
Yeah, but it was not written by him. That's the important part.
You've got every publication out there sucking the book off and they'll probably suck the movie off too. Bob is, first and foremost, a sheep. He won't go against the grain unless the film either gets his dick hard (see: Metroid: Other M) or threatens his masculinity (see: his opinion on Momoa Aquaman and pretty much any vaguely right-wing film)
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:55 pm
I'm just hoping that he might try to recreate his smash-hit review.
He already tried to do that with the Terminator review and failed miserably.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:44 pm

I never read RP1 and I don't have screenshots but I listened to a podcast that Mike Nelson did on it and theres supposed to be massive screeds where Ernest Klein dibs his fedora.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Just hoping that Blob will - yet again - say something extremely stupid.

Either way, this whole RP1 movie feels like a joke or something. I can taste the cringe.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm
I've been arguing with imdb.com over this for... decades now. Obviously, I lost. I remember one case in particular a movie had the word "City" in the title, but these idiots had it written as "Shiti". I put in for a correction and had a sort of edit war. I couldn't even argue my point because IMDB's forums (RIP) kept beeping out the "word" shiti whenever I tried to type it.
Reminds me of an eBay auction I once saw in which the seller identified the Famicom version of Bayou Billy as "Mad Shit".

That annoyed the shit out of me too back when I used to frequently edit IMDB. Like instead of just writing "Dragon Ball Z" or "Final Fantasy", they would the title display as "Doragonbōru Zetto" or "Fainarufantajī". I can understand if the title was written in Japanese in Japan, but those two properties always used English logos. Not sure why don't IMDB hasn't adapted unicode into their database yet.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 pm

It doesn't even matter if those titles were written in Kanji back in Nippon. DBZ and FF are the international names, recognizable by the majority of Earth's population, and should be used for an international database.

Anyways, this weebshit is getting a bit out of hand. Next thing you're telling me there are major video game sites out there who insist on calling Resident Evil "Baiohazaado", or use the Japanese names for all the Warriors games (which would be extra confusing for Dynasty Warriors since the Japanese games are always one number behind the Western one because they don't count that first fighting game as the first entry).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

sigh

Post by sigh » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 am

Interesting take, but I still believe the movie will make money.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:25 am
"I CLAPPED, I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW [insert nerd culture reference]!
This was my initial impression, I went in blind because I saw other faggots talking about this movie and saw shit like the Iron Giant and the "move in closer so I can hit it with my sword" warhammer shit. I'm guessing this movie is nothing but fan service like some VR wreck it ralph.

Edit: Ah here's a fine tweet to explain this movie.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Guest Poster wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 am
The problem is decent pop culture pretty much ended in 2000, so the younger generation have to latch onto '80s/'90s nostalgia because all they have are Kardashian whores and Spoony.
This is actually true. The only blips on my radar from the 2000s are Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean. Everything else is from the 20th century or sequels or adaptations to things that came before.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:28 pm

sigh wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 am
Interesting take, but I still believe the movie will make money.
I doubt the Gamergate crowd would care about a movie that has Wesley Crusher as the fucking POTUS. Ghostbusters: Check Your Privileges Edition was crap and so will this.