Ready Player One

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Ready Player One

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:00 am
All I know is that if that person is actually serious about that shit I would love to kill him and not feel guilty for a second.
You'll have to wait in line.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

sigh

Post by sigh » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 am

I guess a new trailer for this thing came out, because I've seen more talk about it on twitter. Initially I thought it was dumb, but more and more I see of the actual book I am getting pretty sure this has to be a parody. Just look at shit like these:

It even has sjw-like shit in it:

This movie will be the ultimate test: "Is a nerd the perfect consumer a gullible idiot We can sell everything, even his own shit packaged in a shiny package with his favourite company logo?" and I'm sure the answer will be YES! GIVE us more MORE:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 pm

>derivative hack shit chock full of pop culture references and 'nerd culture' in place of actual story has SJW shit in it
I'm absolutely shocked
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 pm

I wonder if this will cause MovieBlob to have another case of autism rage. Could be his second try at another Pixels review.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 pm
I wonder if this will cause MovieBlob to have another case of autism rage. Could be his second try at another Pixels review.
Why would he have autism rage? Like we've said upthread, it's exactly the kind of thing he would write.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah, but it was not written by him. That's the important part.

I'm just hoping that he might try to recreate his smash-hit review.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:40 pm

sigh wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 am
It even has sjw-like shit in it:
Why do some nerds insists that romanizing Japanese names clearly based on English loanwords literally is somehow more authentic? Nobody calls the Japanese Spider-Man fucking Supaidaman, they just call him "Japanese Spider-Man" (or Toei's Spider-Man). Why don't just spell the goddamn thing in kana while you're at it?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:40 pm
Why do some nerds insists that romanizing Japanese names clearly based on English loanwords literally is somehow more authentic? Nobody calls the Japanese Spider-Man fucking Supaidaman, they just call him "Japanese Spider-Man" (or Toei's Spider-Man). Why don't just spell the goddamn thing in kana while you're at it?
I've been arguing with imdb.com over this for... decades now. Obviously, I lost. I remember one case in particular a movie had the word "City" in the title, but these idiots had it written as "Shiti". I put in for a correction and had a sort of edit war. I couldn't even argue my point because IMDB's forums (RIP) kept beeping out the "word" shiti whenever I tried to type it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 pm

There's bits where his protagonist claims to have sat through Battle of the Planets and Tranzor Z. In the eventual year of whenever this shit is set why wouldn't he just watch Gatchaman and Mazinger Z itself? In the real world Gatchaman had an official translation before RP1 was written and Mazinger got one afterward.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Tranzor is more 'Murrican. Like saying Star Blazers instead of Space Battleship Yamato.

And weebs like bastardized Romaji terms cause it allows them to feel Japanese without having to know any Eldritch glyphs. I suppose you could do it ironically, but it seems to be siriusu businesu for most.
-Yours Truly