Stephen King general: THE DARK TOWER IS A FLOP LMAO

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Stephen King general: THE DARK TOWER IS A FLOP LMAO

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:19 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:16 pm
$18 million and #1 at the box office. Hardly a flop for something they expected to be in theaters less than 2 weeks.

Elba is way too old to play Bond anyway. Not that it matters. The series has been crap since Skyfall and likely will only get worse.
Lol, wut? The series has had 1 movie since then.
And it's been utter shit. Two shit movies in a row, easily the worst in a 50-year-old series. Now EON is splitting it's time with that stupid-ass Blake Lively assassin series, further neglecting Bond.

Bond dead, brah. Bury it. Move on.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 am

I heard the reason King hates the Shining movie was that the book was the most autobiographical of his books with a whole bunch of stuff based on his own life, including his feelings for his dad and son (Pretty sure it was negative towards his date and back then King hated his son)
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 am

The only good Stephen King films are those based on something other than horror (Stand By Me, Shawshank Redemption) or are horror but don't follow the source material at all (The Shining).

Stephen King fucking sucks at horror.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:44 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:50 pm
Rushy wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:19 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:16 pm
$18 million and #1 at the box office. Hardly a flop for something they expected to be in theaters less than 2 weeks.

Elba is way too old to play Bond anyway. Not that it matters. The series has been crap since Skyfall and likely will only get worse.
Lol, wut? The series has had 1 movie since then.
And it's been utter shit. Two shit movies in a row, easily the worst in a 50-year-old series. Now EON is splitting it's time with that stupid-ass Blake Lively assassin series, further neglecting Bond.

Bond dead, brah. Bury it. Move on.
If Bond survived the plethora of crap in the 80s, it'll survive the 2010s.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:02 am

Bond had Cubby Broccoli and Michael Wilson then. Today it's just the daughter, Babs, who has been pushing the nicer, less-sexist Bond since '95. Rumors now are she wants to sell the series. I guess to focus on White Jinx.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:35 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 am
The only good Stephen King films [...] are horror but don't follow the source material at all (The Shining).

Stephen King fucking sucks at horror.
I disagree. Carrie (1976), Christine, Creepshow, The Mist (2007) and The Dead Zone (1983) are all very good. Although Carrie, Christine, The Mist and The Dead Zone are character driven films that aren't very scary and Creepshow is more of a comedy than a horror film.
Last edited by Cuckara on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Charlar wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 am
I heard the reason King hates the Shining movie was that the book was the most autobiographical of his books with a whole bunch of stuff based on his own life, including his feelings for his dad and son (Pretty sure it was negative towards his date and back then King hated his son)
One of the big things that King complains about was Jack Nicholson's casting. He complains that Nicholson's last big role before The Shining was One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, wherein he went mad and therefore audiences would expect him to go mad in The Shining and as result feel less sympathy for him when he does. To me it just seems obvious that he's asshurt over the casting because Jack Torrence is his self-insert and he can't relate himself to one of the greatest actors of all-time.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:02 am
Bond had Cubby Broccoli and Michael Wilson then. Today it's just the daughter, Babs, who has been pushing the nicer, less-sexist Bond since '95. Rumors now are she wants to sell the series. I guess to focus on White Jinx.
There goes another IP for Disney to snatch up I guess.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm
To me it just seems obvious that he's asshurt over the casting because Jack Torrence is his self-insert and he can't relate himself to one of the greatest actors of all-time.
I think King doesn't like how cold Jack Nicholson's performance is. In the novel Jack Torrance is a fucked up character but he's also sympathetic. In Kubrick's film Torrance is pretty unsympathetic. At the beginning of the film his relationship with his family is very frosty whereas in the novel he's trying his hardest to patch things up and at the end of the film he goes insane and becomes a total monster whereas in the novel the spirits of the Overlook possess him.

TL;DR: King is salty that his biggest self-insert was turned into an unlikable piece of shit.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Or he's mad that Kubrick spilled the beans on NASA and the moon landing.