Stephen King general: THE DARK TOWER IS A FLOP LMAO

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Stephen King general: THE DARK TOWER IS A FLOP LMAO

Post by Rushy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:21 pm

As far as King is concerned, I like the book and Kubrick Shinings and found the miniseries kind of enjoyable(the guy who replaced Nicholson was alright and Wendy was hot).
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Kubrick's Shining was probably the best adaptation of his work that's ever been done and he's eternally asshurt over it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Has there ever been a King adaptation that King and the audience liked?

Kubrick's Shining is amazing, but I like watching the first It adaptation more because IMO Tim Curry's scenery chewing is a bit more entertaining than Jack's.

(I dunno much about that new It movie, but I already think they're trying to hard to make Pennywise creepy. Tim never needed washed-out colors to be unsettling.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:12 pm

With how the dark tower books ends another cycle makes kinda sense as the setting, or am i misunderstanding something about the quasi sequel thing.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:51 pm

Seele wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 pm
Wait until they attempt to make Idris into the next James Bond. The virtue signaling will be through the roof.
Fucking internet has ruined this for me I was genuinely excited for him being Bond when the rumours first began now I'm praying they pick anybody but him.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:12 pm
With how the dark tower books ends another cycle makes kinda sense as the setting, or am i misunderstanding something about the quasi sequel thing.
Yeah, missing one little thing: the ending suggested that each time he repeated the exact same steps to get back to the tower.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:17 pm

But at the start of the new cycle in the last book he had the horn of whatever, which he didn't have in the previous cycle. So the show could take place 10-15 cycles removed from the original novels.

Not saying it doesn't suck i have not seen it, but it's setting might make a little sense. People who haven't read the books are not going to care about changes, and people who have might not care knowing about the cycles.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:17 pm

But at the start of the new cycle in the last book he had the horn of whatever, which he didn't have in the previous cycle. So the show could take place 10-15 cycles removed from the original novels.

Not saying it doesn't suck i have not seen it, but it's setting might make a little sense. People who haven't read the books are not going to care about changes, and people who have might not care knowing about the cycles.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Moviegoers are used to see movie franchises start at the beginning (for better or worse). Starting with a sequel can probably be a bit confusing if you don't know what you're doing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:35 pm

They wouldn't even know it was a sequel or does it start by telling you it is?