Death Wish Trailer. Racist?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AlexJowski

Death Wish Trailer. Racist?

Post by AlexJowski » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:54 am

There is a lot of talk lately about the Death Wish trailer and it being racist. I have my own opinions about it, but I am curious to know what others think of that trailer and what others say about race. Is it just SJW Bullshit, or is there a legitimate problem with the movie (as presented in the trailer). Opinions?

veris leta facies

Re: Death Wish Trailer. Racist?

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 am

There's been a legitimate problem with the western society since 2010.

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 pm

AlexJowski wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:54 am
is there a legitimate problem with the movie (as presented in the trailer). Opinions?
It's yet another shitty remake?
If they were going to remake it for a modern audience, they should have cast a middle-aged black dude as the lead.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 pm
AlexJowski wrote:
is there a legitimate problem with the movie (as presented in the trailer). Opinions?
It's yet another shitty remake?
I was gonna say. There's your problem: it's completely unnecessary
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:46 pm

Looks like any other revenge film that's came out in the past 20 years will probably be mediocre. Unless there is a scene where Bruce Willis puts on black face and starts speaking jive to infiltrate a gang I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's not racist. Personally I don't give a fuck if it is.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:34 am

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:46 pm
Unless there is a scene where Bruce Willis puts on black face and starts speaking jive to infiltrate a gang I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's not racist. Personally I don't give a fuck if it is.
At least he'd be less conspicuous than this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmg10 ... o1_500.jpg
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 am

The phrase "unnecessary remake" is redundant. Unnecessary/shitty/pointless is implied in the word "remake."
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 am

Not always. I can think of at least four good remakes. They're probably the only four good remakes, but whatever
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 am

The Departed was legit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:15 am

AlexJowski wrote:
Is it just SJW Bullshit
Before I even knew there is a trailer I was bombarded with articles about how tone deaf it is, I don't know about racist, but lately I hear this new buzz word a lot "tone deaf" and using words like this is pure SJW bullshit tactics.

A quote from a reaction to the trailer that calls the movie alt-rightish and racist
While Willis' character seems to be acting at random, he is also trying to avenge his wife (...)
Whoever wrote this is an idiot and has no idea what a trailer is and that's all I have to know about reviews like that.

After watching the trailer, racist? How was it racist? Because some black people cheered some hooded vigilante? I didn't see them having a problem with Netflix's Luke Cage (though he didn't violently kill people). The narrative that this is racist only works if you buy into the idea that you should look at the trailer with America's social-political climate in mind. Not being an American I couldn't give less of a shit about it, but maybe that is my problem and that's Why I didn't found the racism.
Maybe (white) male power fantasy with countless senseless deaths, but racist? I doubt it.

Those quotes as well:
He takes his revenge to the streets with an enormous arsenal of weapons. Movie critics and social media users commented on the tone deaf film. 'Pretty sure the NRA just found their next ad,' wrote one Twitter user.

'Death Wish shouldn't promote such behavior. In real life, a delusional racist with a gun might believe they're a heroic vigilante.' said another user.
I love that every other quote is linked by twitter, but those two are not.