The Defenders

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Auli

The Defenders

Post by Auli » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:28 pm

So... The Defenders is out on Netflix. First 8 episodes,

Anyone seen it?

I binged it all in a day, not that I had looked forward to it, but because boredom. It was... ok. Decent. I've only seen first half season of Daredevil, so I felt I missed some stuff, but it seems to stand good enough on it's own.

Some retarded and boring stuff, though.

Anyone? I'm bored lol
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Seele

Re: The Defenders

Post by Seele » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Just more run-of-the-mill capeshit on par with shonen schlock. No thanks.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:20 am

I only use Netflix for Trailer Park Boys. As god intended.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Why would anyone watch any of this shit? Iron Fist was garbage. Luke Cage was BLM garbage. And apparently the Defenders is more BLM garbage. Then you've got that fucking Agents of Shield.

MARVEL TV FUCKING SUCKS. STOP WATCHING IT.

The movies aren't much better, but Thor 3 has milfy Cate Blanchett. So....

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:11 pm
Why would anyone watch any of this shit? Iron Fist was garbage. Luke Cage was BLM garbage. And apparently the Defenders is more BLM garbage. Then you've got that fucking Agents of Shield.

This. I didn't watch back when people were shilling Agents of Shield and Daredevil. I'm not going to watch now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:08 am

Seen first six. It's okay. Iron Fist is a complete dumbass in this though. He was just kind of bland in his own series but I guess since he's low on the progressive stack he gets to be the team moron.

As for SJW shit, only thing I saw was Cage calling Iron Fist a privileged white boy for beating up low level grunts to get info because one of them happened to be a dindu Luke knew. Which is hypocritical considering that's what they all do.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:15 am

Disappointed there wasn't a heroin addict that got over his addiction by being locked in a bathroom for a day or two.

sigh

Post by sigh » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 am

Finally found some time to see it. Making it a 8 episode story helped a bit, but still they were able to put shit tone of unnecessary stuff, that didn't serve any purpose.
  • Introducing rest of the hand's leaders and spending considerable amount of time on Alexandra just to unceremoniously kill her off
  • Literally closing up all the supporting characters from all the contributing series in one room so they can meet each other [this is Doge Walker level writing].
  • Stupid manipulative ending, that couldn't possibly be longer, with a twist that everyone seen a mile away.
I do think it can stand on its own, every important piece of information from any of the other series is hammered in your head at least twice in this and in most cases doesn't really play into the overall story. Though I'm not sure if all of the main characters are fleshed out in this properly.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:43 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:11 pm

This. I didn't watch back when people were shilling Agents of Shield and Daredevil. I'm not going to watch now.
The word is that The Inhumans sucks serious ass as well. I hope at least Punisher is good. God, please be fucking good.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:20 am
I only use Netflix for Trailer Park Boys. As god intended.
OoOoHhh My Julian. My handsome Julian Patrick Swayze you were so fuckin sexy in Roadhouse. and fuckin Dirty Dancin.

I use Netflix for Better Call Saul. I think the real reason these hurricanes are happening is because the owners are being so fucking lazy, waiting to upload season 3 til March.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.