Joss Whedon - God among male femnists

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Joss Whedon - God among male femnists

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm
This hypocrisy could even transcend gender issues. You know: The gay-hating fundie who's actually gay himself, or the brave celebrity who demonizes tax evasion until he's caught doing it, too.
It's the classic "The lady doth protest too much.". Some things just never change.
I don't think it takes any talent to fool Hollywood. All they care about is money and using people as a step ladder for their own gain. If you make it, by luck or talent, people will blow sugar up your arse 24/7. Whedon could've stabbed a hobo for shits and giggles in front of somebody and if that somebody would be an actor they would help him bury the body.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:03 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:38 pm
Whedon IMO arguably hasn't made a good film or tv show, ever.

Buffy and Firefly are debatable, but the more time goes on, the less charitable I am to his shitty hipster style of writing dialogue and characters.
If Toy Story counts then I gotta give him that because it's one of my favourite films.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Bartnopolis wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:17 pm
He directed some of the biggest grossing movies of all time, after all.
One hugely grossing movie, unadjusted for inflation, and the fucking prop guy could have directed it (and for all we know, he did)

Whedon's not untouchable. In fact, I suspect the reason most of his shows keep getting cancelled is purely because he's such a cunt.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 pm
Bartnopolis wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:17 pm
He directed some of the biggest grossing movies of all time, after all.
One hugely grossing movie, unadjusted for inflation, and the fucking prop guy could have directed it (and for all we know, he did)

Whedon's not untouchable. In fact, I suspect the reason most of his shows keep getting cancelled is purely because he's such a cunt.
As with all shitlib institutions, Hollywood isn't particularly bright or efficient when it comes to enforcing punishment at anyone, even if it's for wrongthink. It only works if the target is cowardly enough to not fight back. The likes of Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, William Shatner et al. are still around and kicking. The overwhelming shitlibbery in modern Hollywood is mainly because the "Movie Star" as a selling point is all but dead. All that's left is the ever-crumbling jenga tower that is the liberal caste system.

The pool for drawing potential directors of comic book adaptations just keeps shrinking rather than increasing. No one wants to deal with the borderline retardation of studios no matter how beefy their potential paychecks can be (If the Spider-Man and Sony Picture shitshow is of any indication). I don't think Weadon will be going away anytime soon, if only because he is just marginally smart enough to not stretch his luck on the liberal brownie points. Unlike his peers, I can't recall an instance of him going "fuck drumpf fuck white ppl" just yet.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm
>ex-wife

Women are vindictive. Never open yourself up to them.

>Implying Women won't just make shit up out of thin air

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 am

Bartnopolis wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 am
Unlike his peers, I can't recall an instance of him going "fuck drumpf fuck white ppl" just yet.
He wrote and directed this. It's got his fingerprints all over it. The smug, self-satisfaction. The pitiful attempts at snarky 'humour'.
phpBB [video]
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 am

Ah well. I stand corrected then.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 am

I'm guessing not enough people wanted to see Mark Ruffalo naked.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:28 am

Yeah, he had Scarlett Johansson, Cobie Smulders, Julianne Moore and a couple of other attractive women in his piece-of-shit propaganda and Mark Ruffalo's dong is what he offers them. No wonder they lost.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 am

He cast Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy right as I hit puberty, so I can't hate him too much.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 am
He cast Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy right as I hit puberty, so I can't hate him too much.
The Camden girls from 7th Heaven were all hotter.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger