James Cameron slams Wonder Woman

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Johnny

Re: James Cameron slams Wonder Woman

Post by Johnny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Ellison is bitter over the fact that he never gained any actual mainstream recognition during his prime. There's a reason why Terminator 1 & 2 are fondly remembered movies with tons of rereleases, while nobody remembers a couple of episodes from a mostly-forgotten TV show.

The only thing I remember Ellison doing of note was some depressing point 'n click game from the 90's (I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream) and even then he still threw a bitchfit over a bunch of character bios he wrote for the official strategy guide that he was not given credit for. Your name is on the fucking game's title. I'm pretty sure everyone already assumes you came up with the backstory of each character.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 pm

It's actually a short story. The game came later. You can listen to the story read by him on YT somewhere. It's drastically different to the game with only the premise being the same. The actual story is a lot more bleak and has no happy ending.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm

he is the greatest pioneeer!
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:20 pm

The game gives a hint that it might be happening after the short story during the cavemen chapter
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Not entirely sure. I mean, the shorts ends with everyone but one getting offed for good, with the survivor getting the "I have no mouth" treatment as punishment. That doesn't strike me as being easy to reset.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 pm
When did he admit it was a blatant ripoff?
It was in an interview for Starlog magazine. The interviewer asked him where he got the ideas and Cameron said he got it from a few Outer Limits episodes. The printed interview redacted that portion, due to pressure from Hemdale Films, but the editors of Starlog, who were friends with Ellison (who had himself written for the magazine) let him see a copy of the unredacted interview, and that was the smoking gun he used to press forward with the suit. It's all talked about in this video:

And yeah, of course Cameron's gonna say it was a nuisance suit. Even if he wasn't a tremendous prick, he's hardly gonna go 'Oh yeah, Harlan Ellison was right to sue us. I totally ripped off his Outer Limits episodes and I was a bad, bad boy'
Johnny wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm
Ellison is bitter over the fact that he never gained any actual mainstream recognition during his prime.
I really doubt he cares
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:50 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 pm
Not entirely sure. I mean, the shorts ends with everyone but one getting offed for good, with the survivor getting the "I have no mouth" treatment as punishment. That doesn't strike me as being easy to reset.
Well the character is modified by AM to get hurt if he eats (I only remember partly what AM did to him)
and when you look at some fruits in a tree he mention the events of the short story
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Ahhh, that hint.

(Though wasn't the character also one of the ones that got changed the most for the game?)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:50 pm

I think that was Benny. In the short story he was a gay that got modded with a bigg dicc to fuck the negress. Can't for the fuck of it remember what he did in the game but Ellison regreted it because he didn't do much.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 pm

I think it was more about war flashbacks in the game, or at least what happened to his comrades.
-Yours Truly