Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Changing stuff because muh religion tends to get the most laughs out of me tbh. I'm pretty sure nobody who would get offended by this stuff would even read it in the first place.

"Oh noes! We can't call them Saints! Beware the sacrilge!"

"Mr. Satan?! Are you INSANE?!"

"Mmh, what does 'Kami' translate to... oh, never mind!"

"Mmh... this guy has a shirt with 'HELL' on it... let's get creative..."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Dragonball was censored to fuck in vizbig. They removed nudity and I think the translation is different too.
The translations are the same. That's a big complaint with Viz, they've been using the same twenty year old translation for all their new editions of Dragon Ball, even though it's a shit translation that includes stuff like Vegerot and Hercule.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 pm
And yeah, the quality is ass. I don't even want to imagine how bad wan piss is in the compilation volumes, when you consider how fucked the english translation job was in the first place. Fucking Zolo, Alubarna, "Kami" instead of "God" and so many others.
Are you sure you're not confusing VizBig with Viz 3-in-1? VizBig's quality isn't as good as it could be, but the paper quality is better than the single volume paperbacks or Viz 3-in-1 and there are a few colour pages.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:28 pm

I might be confusing the two viz things because they're doing a bunch of weird shit with reprints. But I'm positive the dragon ball mangos I'm complaining about had some color pages in there.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Well, I own the VizBig Dragon Ball printings and the quality seems all right to me. I had a look at the Viz 3-in-1 editions once and the paper stock is so poor that you can actually see the print on the other side of the page.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 pm
Well, I own the VizBig Dragon Ball printings and the quality seems all right to me. I had a look at the Viz 3-in-1 editions once and the paper stock is so poor that you can actually see the print on the other side of the page.
My 3-in-1 Dragon Ball by Viz are a bit better, i don't see the print on the other side unless there's medium light behind a page
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Dunno if anybody's into Gundam here, but if you are they just released the trailer for Gundam: The Origin VI
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 pm

I've seen the movie trilogy three times and 0079 once but for the life of me I've never been able to finish Zeta.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 pm
I've seen the movie trilogy three times and 0079 once but for the life of me I've never been able to finish Zeta.
The second half of Zeta is much better than the first. The first half moves extremely slowly and the lead character is kind of a shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:19 pm

I never go to Anime News Network, but I went on there today and they have a Wikipedia style ebegging banner begging for you to give them $1 because the ads just aren't giving good journalism* enough money anymore.

*translating Japanese tweets

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Only seen the movie trilogy as well (might check out the other classic Gundam movies eventually), and a bit miffed I couldn't find The 08th MS Team OVAs because they sound pretty rad.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette