Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Charlar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:43 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:11 am
So I guess for the lulz, Chargeman Ken has been licensed in America and will be released on DVD. This show is widely regarded as the worst anime of all time.
Unless it gets extremely worse i call bullshit on that being the worst, i can't believe a dumb anime for kids is the worst anime of all time
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:52 am

From the comments:
Oh, just wait till you see the later episodes. This series is infamous for the cruelty of its child hero and the insanity of its stories. The complete ineptitude of the animation is just icing on the cake.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:19 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:52 am
From the comments:
Oh, just wait till you see the later episodes. This series is infamous for the cruelty of its child hero and the insanity of its stories. The complete ineptitude of the animation is just icing on the cake.
Well alright , it's just there is a lot of terrible anime out there so i thought it might have some competion for that title
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:40 pm

I watched the most fucked up (allegedly) episodes of Char-Ken but they weren't THAT fucked up imo. You'll be disappointed if you expect too much.

I think story became weird/retarded mainly because of quite short runtime and one-story-per-episode style (basically no story arc). There is no time to have moral dilemma or build up character thanks to that. Ken just brutally murders "bad guys" without hesitation and that looks kinda abnormal compared to today's typical shows.

I can't deny that show's one of a kind type weird charm, though. Some episodes made me laugh hard (especially "Dynamite in the head" episode).

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:11 pm

I guess the infamous cruelty used to be fucked up and shocking back then. Now it's just stupid. It's like how say the original Dawn of the Dead was banned in a couple countries, when it's downright tame compared to modern horror stuff with a lower age rating.

I doubt the show is really worse than Bleach after the first two arcs, awful merchandize-driven shit like Bakuman, or every harem anime ever made. It's certainly a much shorter watch.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Anime in general is such a low bar that you'd have to come with some impressive trash to make a dent.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Like Something Something Haruhi Whatever's Endless Eight arc, which trolled the entire fanbase for two months while wasting the budget for eight entire episodes on what was effectively a single one?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:10 am

I think it's interesting that it's Japan's otaku that named it as the worst.
If you ask American fans, they'll parrot the same kind of stuff from the '90s that oldfags like Bennett the Sage condemn.

BTW, I swear I have the exact opposite taste as that fat fuck. I love stuff like Wicked City and Violence Jack.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:10 am
BTW, I swear I have the exact opposite taste as that fat fuck. I love stuff like Wicked City and Violence Jack.
Wicked City, i still love to this day. When that demon chick starts sucking off our hero within minutes of getting back to her room, it was a fine example that all women should follow.

Not so much with her monster vagina trying to eat his weiner later on though.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Too bad it came out in 1987. SJWs would've overhyped the shit out of this. It's, like, so symbolic.
-Yours Truly