Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:27 am
I just don't understand the rationale. This is going to be a TV series. Cowboy Bebop was already a TV series.
Best case scenario, they remake every episode in live action, to which I ask: What's the point?
Worst case scenario, they completely change everything and make it a vector for their bullshit, in which case they should have just made their own original shit and again I ask: what's the point?
Fans are guaranteed to hate it. The only reason they do this shit in the first place is because it's got a built in fanbase, it's a proven seller. So, this is the most pointless thing I've ever heard
Forgot to mention, they ruined Garth Ennis' Preacher as well. Oh, and Priest.

Everything I like. EVERYTHING. They have to destroy it all. :x
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:50 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
I just don't understand the rationale. This is going to be a TV series. Cowboy Bebop was already a TV series.
Best case scenario, they remake every episode in live action, to which I ask: What's the point?
Worst case scenario, they completely change everything and make it a vector for their bullshit, in which case they should have just made their own original shit and again I ask: what's the point?
Fans are guaranteed to hate it. The only reason they do this shit in the first place is because it's got a built in fanbase, it's a proven seller. So, this is the most pointless thing I've ever heard

I know that feeling all too well
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:09 am

rabidtictac wrote:

How bad did they fuck up Preacher? I saw the trailer for it and it was super fucking serious, when the tone of the comic was similar to Scrubs where it was a drama with a lot of comedic elements in it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:27 am

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:09 am
How bad did they fuck up Preacher?
Well, Seth Rogen produced it so that's all you really need to know
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:26 am

I looked at a couple of screenshots/episode previews for Preacher and the look of the shit was all fucked up and wrong. Fucking tv actors in cheesy-ass tv sets with grimdark lighting. Looked like an off-episode of Supernatural.

You can say "oh but you didn't watch it so you don't know" don't test me, you shits! My garbage detector went off the scale. I can know it's shit without watching it. If I watch it, I'll just come back here and tell you it's shit. :D

Like that fucking Priest movie. I didn't watch that garbage, but I saw the ads and that was enough. That movie should NEVER have been live-action. NEVER. It destroys what made the comic magical: the art.

http://pics.livejournal.com/noxxtis/pic ... y/s640x480
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 am

Charlar wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Keith Chegwin wrote:

I know that feeling all too well
Can't wait for live-action JoJo's Bizarre Adventure starring Scarlett Johannsen and Seth Rogan. One of the few pleasant surprises of the last few years was seeing a faithful adaptation of JoJo's parts 1, 2 and 4(!) reach the west. I'm sure some Hollywood fuck is already figuring out how to steal the name and make a completely generic summer blockbuster out of the IP, just in time to promote Hunger Games chick or whoever is big in Hollywood right now.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 am

So is it just me, or is something wrong with this picture?
SpoilerShow
[HorribleSubs] Berserk - 02 [1080p] (1).mkv_snapshot_21.45_[2017.06.07_21.23.26].jpg
[HorribleSubs] Berserk - 02 [1080p] (1).mkv_snapshot_21.45_[2017.06.07_21.23.26].jpg (152.35 KiB) Viewed 981 times
お前はもう死んでいる。

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:41 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 am
SpoilerShow
[HorribleSubs] Berserk - 02 [1080p] (1).mkv_snapshot_21.45_[2017.06.07_21.23.26].jpg
Yeah, it's that new, shit version of Berserk with the horrible CG.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:10 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 am
Can't wait for live-action JoJo's Bizarre Adventure starring Scarlett Johannsen and Seth Rogan.
The Japanese are already making a Live-action JoJo. It's an adaptation of Part 4. It's being directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. If you don't know who he is, he directed the cutscenes for the MGS remake The Twin Snakes. The whole thing about Part 4 is that it's set in your average Japanese small town, so Kitamura's genius idea was to go and film it in Spain, just cause.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 am
Tits aren't big enough

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Going CGI was such a weird decision for Berserk. That shits needs to be drawn.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 am
Can't wait for live-action JoJo's Bizarre Adventure starring Scarlett Johannsen and Seth Rogan. One of the few pleasant surprises of the last few years was seeing a faithful adaptation of JoJo's parts 1, 2 and 4(!) reach the west. I'm sure some Hollywood fuck is already figuring out how to steal the name and make a completely generic summer blockbuster out of the IP, just in time to promote Hunger Games chick or whoever is big in Hollywood right now.
I dunno if they would touch JoJo. Sure, there's one part with a female protagonist, but pretty much all the others are dominated by overly masculine cis scum.

New conspiracy theory: Hollywood is actively trying is making shitty animu adaptations on purpose to give their Japanese rivals a bad name.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette