Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:10 am

They're making another Dragon Ball film
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 18/.125269
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Of course they're making one. They still have a shounenshit show going. It is natural to make shounenshit movies for it.

I just had a weird conspiracy theory: If they were to ever make a Sailor Moon Hollywood adaptation (stronk female heroines and all), do you think that they will make Mercury an autist? I mean, she's the smart one of the team, so of course she has to be on the spectrum somewhere.

(Also nobody in the entire movie will ever say "autism" or "autist")
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Decided to get into Dragon Ball Kai over Christmas so I bought the box sets. The best part is, because Manga Entertainment in the UK fucked up, the first two volumes still have their original Yamamoto score
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm

I hated the Yamamoto score so I was kind of happy that he got fired and that the original score was returned. Though I personally don't think what he did amounted to plagiarism.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm

I remember a lot of his plagurized bits were of fairly generic movie BGM. The more egregious examples were from the old PS2 DBZ fighting games.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm
I hated the Yamamoto score so I was kind of happy that he got fired and that the original score was returned.
I don't like the way they used the Kikuchi score in Kai. Slapdash, the particular pieces they used don't necessarily fit the scenes. This is an unpopular opinion, but I don't think that Kikuchi particularly fit Dragon Ball Z generally. He fit the original Dragon Ball because that was more of an adventure series. Kikuchi had this sort of 50s/60s monster movie kind of style and it really fit those original arcs of Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball Z was more fast-paced action (or at least it was supposed to be) and Kikuchi didn't really do it justice. Yamamoto's pieces, whatever their flaws, in my opinion fit the action scenes much better.

Having said all that, I believe the much vaunted Faulconer score was complete shit.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm
Though I personally don't think what he did amounted to plagiarism.
Well, it's a matter of perspective. When you've got the copyrights, it's sampling. When you don't have the copyrights, it's plagiarism
Kugelfisch wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm a big fan of Kikuchi's, but I watch a lot of weird '70s action movies and things that he worked on.

Here's a clipshow from one of the few TV shows I actually liked in Japan, Abarenbo Shogun. I was told this was a very uncool, old person show to watch. Great Kikuchi soundtrack.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:17 am

I'll probably finish watching Hokuto no Ken, or at least watch until Raoh gets rekt.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Kikuchi's score fit the monster and tokusatsu shows since that's mostly what hehad experience in, he was the de facto music guy for Ishinomori's Kamen Rider for a very long time. His soundtrack up until Frieza fit DB perfectly IMO, it's beyond that where the action and the score were a bit mismatched.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:17 am
I'll probably finish watching Hokuto no Ken, or at least watch until Raoh gets rekt.
I see you have picked sides, Souther. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:45 pm

Latest episode of Dragon Ball Super was actually well-animated and thus enjoyable. I'm assuming Toei must have made something good on accident and that they'll take action so that it never happens again.
お前はもう死んでいる。