Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Weebshit Thread

Post by Poonoo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:01 am

Animu and Mango posting contained here.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Charlar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:10 am

I am having some serious doubt, i was given volumes 1 to 70 of the One Piece manga and i looked to see Eiichiro Oda say a while ago that One Piece was only 70% (i think) over. Is it still worth reading it despite it will take years before it's over?

Oh what is going on, why is my post showing as broken up lines when i write my reply?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Seele

Post by Seele » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:29 am

(Copypasta from other site)

Here's a list in no particular order of twelve animu I've watched recently:

1.) Key the Metal Idol

2.) Boogiepop Phantom

3.) Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

4.) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA

5.) Blue Gender

6.) Lily C.A.T.

7.) Fight Iczer One

8.) Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

9.) Gantz

10.) Planetes

11.) Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

12.) Midori
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:25 am

Copyapasta animu recommendations from the last thread:

Gantz

Speed Grapher for rapeculture

Shigurui Death Frenzy (manga version is best)

Soul Taker

Texhnolyze

Witch Hunter Robin (anime X-Files)

Poonoo, I'm not surprised you told me Ergo Proxy ended up not being great. It seemed like it had potential, but so few animu realize their potential. Deadman Wonderland was another great example of a wasted setup. It could have been cool.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:26 am

Oh and Tokyo Ghoul. That shit gave me whiplash with how fast its level of quality snapped down to shit-tier.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:42 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Poonoo, I'm not surprised you told me Ergo Proxy ended up not being great. It seemed like it had potential, but so few animu realize their potential. Deadman Wonderland was another great example of a wasted setup. It could have been cool.
Yeah you aren't kidding, it happens so fucking often too for some reason. Kaiba isn't as bad as others but even that was disappointing in the last two episodes. The thing is a lot of them only need a slight tweak to their endings and they'll be fine, it's not like they are fucked from the beginning, it's like they didn't have an ending planned.
Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 am

Charlar wrote:I am having some serious doubt, i was given volumes 1 to 70 of the One Piece manga and i looked to see Eiichiro Oda say a while ago that One Piece was only 70% (i think) over. Is it still worth reading it despite it will take years before it's over?
I'd say read the first couple volumes and then decide it. It's pretty consistent, and even if the end several years from now turns out to suck as much as Bleach and Naruto did, you still have plenty of great story arcs that are more or less self-contained.
rabidtictac wrote:Poonoo, I'm not surprised you told me Ergo Proxy ended up not being great. It seemed like it had potential, but so few animu realize their potential. Deadman Wonderland was another great example of a wasted setup. It could have been cool.
Many mangu and animu can't keep their premise straight and just fizzle out at the end.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:45 am

Or they go for a fake "this isn't really an ending" ending that resolves nothing, means nothing and is nothing. Nice job guys, end on a fucking cliffhanger for a series that is never, ever coming back.

Then there's outright retard alert shit like The Big O, Evangelion, Panty and Stocking and typical Gainax endings in general where they're just throwing out whatever in hopes something is 2deep4uplots and gets mad critical acclaim.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:10 pm

rabidtictac wrote: Then there's outright retard alert shit like The Big O, Evangelion, Panty and Stocking and typical Gainax endings in general where they're just throwing out whatever in hopes something is 2deep4uplots and gets mad critical acclaim.
Add Ergo Proxy to that list.
SpoilerShow
It gets real fucking dumb when an evil Vincent Law appears out of fucking no where, isn't explained why he exists and they have a dumb fight. Also the reason people like it is that Vincent Law is a metaphor for god leaving his people behind but it's executed in such a dumb and pretentious way that only smug cunts like it. And as I said, every character in the show is an unlikable fucking asshole other than the little robot girl who just acts like a dumb kid.
Old Black Man wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:12 pm

rabidtictac wrote:Or they go for a fake "this isn't really an ending" ending that resolves nothing, means nothing and is nothing. Nice job guys, end on a fucking cliffhanger for a series that is never, ever coming back.
I think this is pretty much standard for anything based on a Light Novel, cause that shit doesn't even try to adapt the whole thing and is just meant to promote the novel.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette