Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 am

It was always an uncomfortable thing for me over there, when it would come up once a year during the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing. They would try to get me to sign remembrance banners and things and I always had to be very careful with what I wrote. Usually generic pacifist platitudes. I don't think an apology is appropriate until they own up to everything they did and teach that part of the history. This one guy in my dorms decided not to mince words and said, "In America, they teach that the Hiroshima bombing was a good thing, don't they?" I tried to tell him that we just teach the facts and it's up to the students to come to their own conclusions. (This was back in 1999 and I realize that's not the case at all anymore.) I don't think he believed me.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about Nagasaki for some reason. Most people I talked to didn't even know it also was bombed. I think Hiroshima just has a stronger grievance-peddling industry. They also impose on the Japanese population as well. I know they got an episode of Ultraseven banned forever.
Wikipedia used to have a fascinating list of various banned media in Japan, but it's been removed.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:13 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:26 pm
So I watched on old OVA called Cosmo Police Justy (1985). I liked it. I have a thing for sci-fi anime of that vintage.

Watched Beaten by Black Rain (1984). I was utterly astonished at how anti-American and hateful this movie was. I'd seen this author's other works Barefoot Gen 1 & 2 and thought they were great. It showed the raw aftermath of the bomb in a realistic way. But this anime was about seething atomic bomb survivors set in the '70s or '80s taking revenge against random Americans in any small way they could and presenting that as heroic. A bartender runs a bar that bans Americans. Strawman Americans drawn as ugly, disgusting creeps keep trying to enter his bar for some reason and spout rationalizations for the bomb and the bartender kicks the crap out of them. A syphilitic prostitute pokes holes in condoms and has sex with Americans to give them the disease. (Would that even work?) She has a friend secretly film her having sex with the Yanks so that her young blind son can watch it if he ever regains his sight, so that he will grow up to hate Americans. A 2nd generation survivor is contemplating abortion because people tell her her baby could end up with genetic defects. At the end she decides to keep the baby in an act of defiance against that disgusting country.
I think everyone should watch it for the lulz.
What the fuck?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:55 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 am
It was always an uncomfortable thing for me over there, when it would come up once a year during the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing. They would try to get me to sign remembrance banners and things and I always had to be very careful with what I wrote. Usually generic pacifist platitudes. I don't think an apology is appropriate until they own up to everything they did and teach that part of the history.
Same, but I take a more confrontational "fuck the japs" attitude. They're being SJWs about this shit. They started a war and did a ton of fucking horrible shit, then they act like victims because somebody escalated the violence (in a fucking war) so as to prevent even more needless deaths.

Oh yes, the poor little japanese just innocently flew some planes in a gay pride parade around Pearl Harbor, and the evil American baka gaijin whito piggu chose to deliberately and maliciously nuke japanesu pride.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 am

Dear God people can't do indentation or use paragraphs....

So you guys watch that Nah-roodo ninja thing? With the Sailor Scouts trying to help Inuyasha get past Snake Way so he can learn L''s real name to slay him with Vash''s gun?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:07 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:55 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
It was always an uncomfortable thing for me over there, when it would come up once a year during the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing. They would try to get me to sign remembrance banners and things and I always had to be very careful with what I wrote. Usually generic pacifist platitudes. I don't think an apology is appropriate until they own up to everything they did and teach that part of the history.
Same, but I take a more confrontational "fuck the japs" attitude. They're being SJWs about this shit. They started a war and did a ton of fucking horrible shit, then they act like victims because somebody escalated the violence (in a fucking war) so as to prevent even more needless deaths.

Oh yes, the poor little japanese just innocently flew some planes in a gay pride parade around Pearl Harbor, and the evil American baka gaijin whito piggu chose to deliberately and maliciously nuke japanesu pride.
When you realise the shit they did throughout the war and before it, you realise that the Japs deserve no sympathy. Even in Barefoot Gen he showed that culturally you were shamed if you even questioned the war. It is semi-autobiographical, and in it his father gets beaten by the police because the neighbours heard him say the war was stupid. His sister was harassed at school and had her clothes torn off and everyone kept staring at the family when they walked around.

They were pricks to China and were hell bent on dominating the pacific area. They were training fucking children to pick up guns and fight in the war. The nukes were necessary to stop them from sending every single damn citizen to their deaths.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:30 am

They gave their own people grenades that barely worked or didn't work so that the families could fucking blow themselves up when american soldiers showed up to fight through the streets.

I'd drop a nuke in that situation too. Fuck the japanese and their little grave of the fireflies bullshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:38 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
This one guy in my dorms decided not to mince words and said, "In America, they teach that the Hiroshima bombing was a good thing, don't they?" I tried to tell him that we just teach the facts and it's up to the students to come to their own conclusions. (This was back in 1999 and I realize that's not the case at all anymore.)
If anything they'd probably teach that America was racist for bombing Japan. Never mind that if they hadn't, Operation Olympic would have gone ahead, extending the war another two years, netting massive casualties on both sides and allowing Stalin half of Japan should the invasion have proven successful (which it probably would have).

Then again, Asians are 'privileged'....
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 am

Japan was a mistake, it's history prove it
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:29 pm

>muh Pearl Harbor
When will you burger fags stop getting triggered about a military base of yours that was a billion miles away from your borders getting bombed a hundred years ago? I swear, if any mainland city of yours ever gets bombed you'll surrender immediately and cry about it for the next 1000 years.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:29 pm
>muh Pearl Harbor
When will you burger fags stop getting triggered about a military base of yours that was a billion miles away from your borders getting bombed a hundred years ago? I swear, if any mainland city of yours ever gets bombed you'll surrender immediately and cry about it for the next 1000 years.
Countries always get butthurt about shit like this. The Greeks are still butthurt about losing Constantinople.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.