Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:20 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:55 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:25 am
She's not supposed to be a sex object anyway.
In later parts(that won't be shown in this film) a lot of characters though want to fuck her brains out. And since a lot of the themes are about what it means to be human, having her clearly look like a freak goes against that.

It does look loyal to the source material at least, unlike GITS I'll see it.
They usually want to fuck her because she plays music really well or she's good at blitzball. It's usually shit like that. I can't remember what, specifically, you're referring to aside from this.

Not trying to be all >>>>>>feminist about it, just saying Alita as a series is much more about martial arts body horror than ogling some hot bitch. The mango creator even makes numerous jokes about Alita having massive fish lips. She gets a cat tail and wings later and becomes a full-on meme.

http://i8.mangapanda.com/battle-angel-a ... 981410.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/86/36/4e/8636 ... -manga.jpg

http://www.paperhi.com/thumbnails/detai ... com_99.jpg

Alita rarely wears anything revealing and there's nothing to "reveal" in any case, since her body is very obviously cybernetic.

This is what Last Order, at least, is about:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZibtTD8boYI/W ... 1914-2.jpg

We spend more time ogling muscular men's robot bodies in Last Order than we do looking at women. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:27 am

Last Order had that bit where Gally dies then is reborn into the giant dick monster, I couldn't take it anymore.
It's been years since I've read anything Gunnm/BAA related but Ashen Victor could have been a decent single movie.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Your weeb shows have nothing on the best episode of Dragon Ball Super.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:36 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:25 am
It's probably still going to suck shit though. The male character who gets cut up by the fan looks like a stupid hipster. I did like seeing a dude with just a face and a bunch of raw cybernetic chassis beneath. That's true to the spirit of the mango.
Hollywood doesn't care about mango spirits. They just want the money.
FTFY
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:09 am

I started watching Fate Unlimited Blade Works. I saw Fate/Zero probably a few years ago. BTW Fate/Zero is surprisingly good. The origins of this series are some kind of bullshit h-game visual novel, but the animu, and especially Fate/Zero, don't have any of that. It's just an all-out war for the Holy Grail, fought by modern-day mages controlling ancient spirits of powerful historical/mythical warriors, like Sir Galahad, King Arthur, Gilgamesh and the like.

Unlimited Blade Works loses some points right off the back for featuring a school environment and younger protagonists. The main protagonist of Fate/Zero is a 35ish year old man whose "gimmick" is using guns to shoot the fuck out of his fellow mages, and playing dirty whenever possible to win. Most of the good shit so far in Unlimited Blade Works is only good because it calls back to dopeshit in Fate/Zero.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Jqz6fx1zob4[/youtube]

Anyway, all I want to say if you like animation, and high-quality animation, Blade Works and Fate/Zero sit at the very top of the heap. Not only the animation quality, but the direction of the action sequences is top-notch. I can't recommend the action scenes any more highly than that. Fate/Zero has a decent story, but I can't judge unlimited bitch works based on what I've seen so far. Just that it also has mind-meltingly good visuals and action.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:17 am

The h-game visual novel probably explains the "Arthur, Mordred and probably a bunch of other mythical/historical dudes have actually been hot waifus all long" part.

Also I believe Jack the Ripper is actually a half-naked loli.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:24 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:17 am
The h-game visual novel probably explains the "Arthur, Mordred and probably a bunch of other mythical/historical dudes have actually been hot waifus all long" part.

Also I believe Jack the Ripper is actually a half-naked loli.
I don't know, because none of that retard shit is in Fate Zero. It's like someone took a pile of turds and smeared them on the wall to create the Mona Lisa.

The only female heroes in Fate/Zero are Saber and some assassin bitch who changes faces and dies really early on. All the other women are mages or gun bitches.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm

It's always the little things that trigger me about Fate. Like how those summons or whatever they're called are basically video game characters with stats, skills and classes, or how the iconic Archer-class guy is primarily a sword guy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Jack the Ripper only appears in the Fate/Apocrypha, which was not written by Nasu (neither was Fate/Zero, which was written by noted edgelord Gen Urobutcher. He also wrote fanfiction for the film Equilibrium)
I read Fate/stay night about seven years ago, along with Tsukihime and most of Kagetsu Tohya. A good 100 hours of my life I'll never get back. Wasn't terrible but I've had no desire to watch any of the anime adaptatoions, although I will watch Fate/Extra Last Order for UMU.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm
It's always the little things that trigger me about Fate. Like how those summons or whatever they're called are basically video game characters with stats, skills and classes, or how the iconic Archer-class guy is primarily a sword guy.
I don't know if you actually know this so I'll spoil.
SpoilerShow
SHIROU IS THE RED MAN. He was in the archery club in high school.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 pm

The classes are just loose guides based on what weapons the hero was skilled with in life. Fate/Zero's "Archer" was a warrior who could teleport golden swords around and fire them like arrows. "Assassin" in UBW is Sasaki Kojiro, who was not an assassin at all IIRC. It doesn't mean as much as you think.

There's a lot of shit that seems a lot more retarded than it actually is, hence my turds analogy. Fate/Zero at least is definitely worth watching and you don't need any stupid visual novels to understand it. The setup for these animus are painfully simple. It's just a battle royale. And unlike shounen animu, these battles are treated as some serious shit. It's not uncommon to see uneven odds, cheating, manipulation, ransoms, assassinations etc. It's not a fucking tournament like Last Order or Narutard. There's no rule against teaming up, but everyone understands only one pair can have the Grail. If one part of your team dies, you can form a new team if there's a free servant or master floating around.
RAPEMAN wrote: