Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 am
The point isn't to get invested in the new characters, anyway. The arc exists purely so they can give Goku his new transformation and nothing else.
It would seem that you are right. The "Migatte no Gokui", which not even the gods can do. (So why do they even know it exists?) I thought the whole point of creating a new tier of gods and this multiverse were to have characters that can rival Son Goku. Now they're going to elevate him above them already?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 pm
Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 am
The point isn't to get invested in the new characters, anyway. The arc exists purely so they can give Goku his new transformation and nothing else.
It would seem that you are right. The "Migatte no Gokui", which not even the gods can do. (So why do they even know it exists?) I thought the whole point of creating a new tier of gods and this multiverse were to have characters that can rival Son Goku. Now they're going to elevate him above them already?
It's not that the gods can't do it but rather that it's difficult for them to master it.

This is exactly how it went for Super Saiyan-- ONLY A PURE HEARTED SAIYAN CAN DO IT. And Vegeta because he got real mad at himself. Oh and... Gohan because he imagined Cell killing everyone... and... Goten because his mom punched him or something. Trunks? Who cares, bro?

It's classic Toriyama writing.

Anyway, the most interesting part about the tournament arc is that they keep animating the episodes in such a way to hint that some of the angels/the Grand Priest are setting up to do something nefarious. I only even care to mention it because it's been a popular dragonball reddit idea for months now (which I only go to so I can look up episode spoilers a month in advance).
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm

I didn't notice that. But it's very possible I missed those things because of how bored I've become. Ironically, one of the dumbest things the show did (replacing Buu with Freeza) turned out to be the only thing keeping me interested. Freeza is such an unpredictable wildcard.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Freeza is actually written really well and it's genuinely difficult to figure out what they're going to do with him. I appreciate it a whole lot considering it's obvious what they're going to do with Goku. It's a good dichotomy.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Dragon ball fanfic got ruined with universe 6's sayians. Characters are just given everything without earning it because toriyama doesn't care anymore.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 pm
Dragon ball fanfic got ruined with universe 6's sayians. Characters are just given everything without earning it because toriyama doesn't care anymore.
It started with Future Trunks, actually. Not only did he randomly get a powerup that could match Blue, he also learned the Mafuba within a grand total of, what, 30 seconds from watching a video clip of it that Bulma conveniently happened to have with her and then also basically got to randomly do a Sword Spirit Bomb to deal the most decisive finishing blow on Fused Zamasu that anybody besides Zeno could hope for?

The U6 saiyans are pretty awful (Cabba isn't so bad, though), but if they ruined it for you then I have to assume you didn't start watching earlier in the series.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

I wonder if this will reach Bleach levels of "quality". Both Toryiama and Kubo don't give a shit anymore, but at least the former isn't as far up his own arse as the latter.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm
I wonder if this will reach Bleach levels of "quality". Both Toryiama and Kubo don't give a shit anymore, but at least the former isn't as far up his own arse as the latter.
DB has gotten to Bleach levels with GT.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 pm

I'm convinced that Toriyama has very little to do with the series except some character designs. I noticed that some time ago Toyotaro got his own credit on the opening credits for Character Direction or something.

Toriyama is too busy with crooked US real estate to care:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... nt/.123928
お前はもう死んでいる。

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Stranger wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm
It started with Future Trunks, actually. Not only did he randomly get a powerup that could match Blue, he also learned the Mafuba within a grand total of, what, 30 seconds from watching a video clip of it that Bulma conveniently happened to have with her and then also basically got to randomly do a Sword Spirit Bomb to deal the most decisive finishing blow on Fused Zamasu that anybody besides Zeno could hope for?

The U6 saiyans are pretty awful (Cabba isn't so bad, though), but if they ruined it for you then I have to assume you didn't start watching earlier in the series.
Yeah you're right, also thanks for reminding me of that spirit bomb power of friendship bullshit they pulled in the last episode.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]