Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:46 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:45 pm
Latest episode of Dragon Ball Super was actually well-animated and thus enjoyable. I'm assuming Toei must have made something good on accident and that they'll take action so that it never happens again.
The current tournament saga is the new and inferior Namek, IT's been almost a damn year of this
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:37 am

I can't wait for the 5 episode re-edit eventually
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 am

Somebody watch it because I want to make sure I wasn't imagining things.
I'll have to look up who directed and who did the storyboards.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 am

Dragon Ball should never have come back. The mangas will always exist and always be reprinted if you want to own them physically. Or you can read it online.

My big problem with DBZ compared to other shounen is there are only 2-3 fighters of any merit at any given time and they all have functionally the exact same powers. Dragon Ball had a lot more variety when it started out, but the power creep moved all the interesting characters aside and stuck everyone in the same SSJ4XXX forms with the same skill sets.

The only difference between Piccolo and Goku is his appearance. The only difference between Trunks and Goku is a sword he often doesn't use anyway. And the further the story progresses, the more the old cast disappear. They're not even really replaced by anything. Gohan, Videl, Gotenks... I think that's the new cast they had for the final manga arc. Again, just 3 characters who can fight in every arc. Namek was Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta. Saiyan arc was Goku, Piccolo. Cell Saga was Goku, Trunks, Vegeta. IIRC maybe Piccolo in there too.

DBZ has a lot of problems related to how old it is which other mangos in the same genre have gone out of their way to address, sometimes to a fault. Now you have shit like My Hero Academia, where every character is a speshul snowflake with some unique super power.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 am

I've always thought that the Dragon Ball franchise was shit, as a whole.

The original show, Dragon Ball, is okay, to be fair.

Everything else after that is supreme autism. I will never understand its popularity. I guess that's why I'm not some rich gook.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 am
I will never understand its popularity.
It's because you are older than us and were what, about 18 when it got big in the west since your about 6 years older than me. That shit is cool to a 13 year old, especially since back then kids shows were formulaic and boring. In DBZ there were long arcs which were rare in kids shows and characters actually fucking died. That was a revelation compared to what we had back then, I know eventually in DBZ that shit didn't matter with all the reviving crap but initially the possibility of characters actually dying and the insane length of battles across multiple episodes made it stand out from boring shit like Pokemon.

And a bunch of men yelling, punching the shit out of each other and firing lasers out of their hands is cool as shit as a teenager.

TL/DR, you are an old man and you don't get it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:19 am

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 am
Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 am
I will never understand its popularity.
TL/DR, you are an old man and you don't get it.
Pretty much. I'm a tired old man, for sure. Thank you for educating me, Lord Poonoo. <3
rabidtictac wrote:

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:31 am

I'll always have a soft spot for Dragon Ball, it's immense fanbase of blacks and Mexicans won't stop me.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:31 am
I'll always have a soft spot for Dragon Ball, it's immense fanbase of blacks and Mexicans won't stop me.
The immense fanbase of darkies and spics should tell you how shit it is. Just admit that you like shit.
rabidtictac wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 am

DBZ did some things right. I don't mean to shit on it entirely. I'm just saying a lot of the shit it got wrong was a result of getting there first and not understanding why (for example) people find characters like Superman boring. Dragon Ball (original) had a lot more variation in character abilities and something as simple as flight was a huge deal.

I read the DBZ mangos as a kid. It was probably my first exposure to manga that had body limb removal and "graphic" gore of that type. That first early arc (Raditz/Saiyan) was pretty well told for what it was. It was batshit insane compared to what came before tho.

"Hey Goku I'm your brother and we're aliens, also you're the runt of the litter and super fucking weak compared to most aliens from our planet, you bitch. Time to kill everyone and take over the planet with me."

Before this, Dragon Ball had been obviously cribbing characters and lore from the Monkey King story. Suddenly this shit is science fiction and aliens named after vegetables keep showing up.

And then they just barely kill Raditz by Goku sacrificing himself, which was the first time Goku had died. The strongest character on planet earth during the Raditz story was actually Piccolo until Goku learned his king kai bullshit. Then Nappa and Vegeta show up after everyone had a year to prepare to fight them, and they fucking massacre almost everyone. Nappa does it all by himself. Loads of characters die and don't come back. Chaotzu an heroes like a bitch and accomplishes nothing.

So I can see why kids and teens liked DBZ. I just don't see why people STILL like it. Or maybe I should say I don't see why people would want to continue to see this franchise. It's pretty bland compared to its contemporaries now (and it pioneered a rather bland genre in the first place,) and you already know what every episode is going to be. I felt that they were starting to stretch out the fights too much during the Namek arc and every arc after that was worse.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome