Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 pm

You know you have quality shounen at hand if the villain gets defeated Sailor-Moon-style.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:26 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 pm
I'm convinced that Toriyama has very little to do with the series except some character designs. I noticed that some time ago Toyotaro got his own credit on the opening credits for Character Direction or something.

Toriyama is too busy with crooked US real estate to care:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... nt/.123928
Toriyama gives them a basic outline, emphasizes some jokes, and then lets them basically go nuts.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm
I wonder if this will reach Bleach levels of "quality". Both Toryiama and Kubo don't give a shit anymore, but at least the former isn't as far up his own arse as the latter.
DB has gotten to Bleach levels with GT.
Super is worse than GT at this point
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

sigh

Post by sigh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:34 am

Stranger wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm
mad bum wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 pm
Dragon ball fanfic got ruined with universe 6's sayians. Characters are just given everything without earning it because toriyama doesn't care anymore.
It started with Future Trunks, actually. Not only did he randomly get a powerup that could match Blue, he also learned the Mafuba within a grand total of, what, 30 seconds from watching a video clip of it that Bulma conveniently happened to have with her and then also basically got to randomly do a Sword Spirit Bomb to deal the most decisive finishing blow on Fused Zamasu that anybody besides Zeno could hope for?

The U6 saiyans are pretty awful (Cabba isn't so bad, though), but if they ruined it for you then I have to assume you didn't start watching earlier in the series.
All the saiyans are awful, in general, but in the current arc especially. Characters from other teams present some more or less unique abilities and the only response from the saiyans is to power up and use more brute strength.
Trio De Dangers uses some team attack, Goku and Vegeta power up and blast them off the arena.
Gohan fighting a guy that can instantly at will move his energy between several afterimage clones, just nonsensically endure some rough punches and then blast the guy.
Cocotte using some dimensional barrier, U6 fem saiyans power up and blast the barrier.
Never did they try something that requires some level of ingenuity, it's always: "You have to punch him very hard" if that doesn't work, they power up, punch him very hard and repeat as long as it is necessary.

The biggest problem with U6 fem saiyans for me is the lack of consistency. I can buy them being physically stronger then U7 saiyans, I can even buy them being Freeza level prodigies, but in one of the recent episodes You have fight between Goku a master of martial arts and Caulifla street brawler being almost equal in speed and technique which is bullshit. Even as a gag Whis points that out and seconds after it doesn’t matter at all. In the only place when someone having more brute strength than the other would make sense, they don't use it, They go with making Them as skilled as Goku which is just dumb.

As to an explanation for what the new power Goku acquired is I wouldn't count on it, they didn't explain SSB, whatever the form was that Future Trunks achieved, the green haired SS mutation, they just tease it for the merch.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm

You just know your shounen needs to end if everything is solved via "I hit it harder!"
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm
I wonder if this will reach Bleach levels of "quality". Both Toryiama and Kubo don't give a shit anymore, but at least the former isn't as far up his own arse as the latter.
But diehard fans will never admit it because Super has more Toriyama-sama in it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm
But diehard fans will never admit it because Super has more Toriyama-sama in it.
It really doesn't, though. He has essentially no input in the anime or manga aside from his outlines and being particular about gags.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm

The only good scene in the whole show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AGTIeaPgDM0
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm
You just know your shounen needs to end if everything is solved via "I hit it harder!"
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 am
Kugelfisch wrote:

I agree and i'm a pretty die hard fan up to a point, GT was shit for both trying to be like DB and failing and then for trying to be DBZ and failing, Super took out the good parts of DBZ and pushed the bullshit parts beyond 11
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm

10/10 scene.

I'm going to say the fight between Goku and Jiren was good, too. Not a whole lot else was too stellar, though.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Stranger wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 pm
mad bum wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm

10/10 scene.

I'm going to say the fight between Goku and Jiren was good, too. Not a whole lot else was too stellar, though.
I heard Roshi was FINALLY taken seriously by the writer(s), was thatdone ok or not? I would rage if they fucked that up
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes