Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:12 pm
It'l be immediately forgotten just like GITS, Kite, Astro Boy 2009, Dragon Bore Evolution, etc.
Don't forget that Gundam movie which didn't even have Gundam in the title (G Savior or something). Everyone ignores that one.

It's really funny, in a way. How long will it take before Hollywood realizes they can't into animu? They try time and time again, and it never works.

The only time it kinda does work is when Hollywood just steals the premise (Perfect Blue -> Black Swan, Paprika -> kinda sorta Inception).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah I forgot about G Savior. I've never seen it. I wouldn't call it Hollywood since it's literally a Cucknadian TV special but that's just nitpicking.
Hollywood loves stealing from Kon. I miss that nigger every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Still waiting for them to rip of Millenium Actress. I just know they want to.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:33 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 pm
Hollywood loves stealing from Kon. I miss that nigger every day.
In public they act like Miyazaki is the only anime director worth a shit, but in private they live Kon more and steal his shit

Why the fuck does Alita have weird eyes? She didn't stand out as a robot in the manga compared to everyone else, so far it looks too meh to judge how it will go. Ghost in the Shell visually looked faithful to the movie and this does too I guess, it looks like they are doing the first two volumes like the OVA did. Hopefully it's not as shit but it's Hollywood so they'll fuck it up.

Fuck Cameron for not bothering to direct it. If you look at the future war parts of the terminator movies he nailed the tone brilliantly.
Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:12 pm
no octopus lips to buy
This nigga ;)
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:53 am

Seele wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 pm

So, how hard will it flop?
Those eyes, WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER EYES. I'm not joking i'm really creeped out
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:48 am

Yeah those eyes are terrifying. It's a shame, I was actually interested in this one. Those eyes are a box office killer.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:25 am

This looks better than I was suspecting. The Jew Hunter is generally a decent actor. Alita looking creepy is fine IMO. She's not supposed to be a sex object anyway. Half of the original mango is her being ripped in half by monsters. At one point, her delimbed torso and head is hung from a cyborg's neck on a chain as a necklace. At another point, her own clone rips out her eye and eats it.

It's probably still going to suck shit though. The male character who gets cut up by the fan looks like a stupid hipster. I did like seeing a dude with just a face and a bunch of raw cybernetic chassis beneath. That's true to the spirit of the mango.

All I can say is it looks better than Scarjo in the Shell.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:55 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:25 am
She's not supposed to be a sex object anyway.
In later parts(that won't be shown in this film) a lot of characters though want to fuck her brains out. And since a lot of the themes are about what it means to be human, having her clearly look like a freak goes against that.

It does look loyal to the source material at least, unlike GITS I'll see it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 am

The eyes shit is a weird goddamn decision. But you know what? Whatever, at least Cameron isn't directing. If he can't be bothered then it's best that he doesn't.

Looks like a better adaptation than GITS. I may go see it, but only after I hear back from some of you niggas first about how good or shit it actually is.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:25 am
It's probably still going to suck shit though. The male character who gets cut up by the fan looks like a stupid hipster. I did like seeing a dude with just a face and a bunch of raw cybernetic chassis beneath. That's true to the spirit of the mango.
Hollywood doesn't care about mango spirits. They just want the name.
-Yours Truly