Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Lindsay's Liver

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:38 pm

I haven't seen anything Marvel in four or five years and I get the impression that I'd be lost if I went to whatever the latest one is. I've missed maybe five or six movies and about 28 Disney streaming series. It feels to me like the hugeness of it all will eventually lead to diminishing audiences. Businesses thrive on new business. They want to grow, not just appeal to the same people each time.

A lot of eyes will be on their eventual "Fantastic Four" movie, I think. I'm curious about that one myself.

As for failed reboots and restarts, those movies were just bad, which makes the difference. If a movie is good it's another story. I'm keeping an open mind about the James Gunn DC rehabilibation.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:49 pm

What's to be curious about it? It will be generic capeshit trite with lots of woke and padding.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:02 pm

Fantastic Four is cursed. No movie adaptation was ever any good.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:06 pm

I loved Fantastic Four as a kid. I got into them during the John Byrne era. It's crazy that there's not a decent movie about them. I'm curious to see if this one will be. That's all I got.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:14 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:02 pm
Fantastic Four is cursed. No movie adaptation was ever any good.
The B-movie
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:06 pm
I loved Fantastic Four as a kid. I got into them during the John Byrne era. It's crazy that there's not a decent movie about them. I'm curious to see if this one will be. That's all I got.
Redditeur is probably right, don't get your hopes up. Modern Hollywood are unlikely to make a good movie simply because they're an all-white team and there's no way to force in their DEI initiatives without it being incredibly ham-handed (see: Trank's Fantastic Flop shitshow)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:40 pm

They will probably keep Trank's of making at least one of the Fantastc Four black.
Also the Invisible Woman will be the leader.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:40 pm
They will probably keep Trank's of making at least one of the Fantastc Four black.
But that's just it. They can't without it being fucking stupid. Sue and Johnny are brother and sister so you can't make one of them black without making the other black, or else coming up with dumb justifications for why one's black and the other isn't (as Trank's movie did). You could make Reed Richards black but then they'd probably complain that the black is the stretchy nerdy science man who doesn't really do anything. So that leaves you with The Thing and if you make him black they'll complain that of course the rock monster is the black one

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:02 pm

Making the stretchy one a non-white stretchy one would be extra weird considering they turned their actual non-white stretchy one (Kamala Khan) into a Green Lantern.
The Thing might work on a "I look like the monster all white people think all black people are" symbolism angle, but then again they like whining and bitching when a black person is not actually black (at least in Pixar's Soul).
That leaves the brother-and-sister combo, which has the added bonus of all those "racists" claiming that's "unrealistic".
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:14 pm

Arguing that capeshit is like arguing No Man's Sky has a billion different planets. Technically its true but it all blends together.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:18 am

ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.