Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Well sorry, Tommy-senpai, for not getting my racist sayings completely right. It's the antisemetic thought that counts.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:40 am

You got it confused with around blacks never relax.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Yeah I jumbled them together. Same difference.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:04 pm

I think Ive seen about 3 decent to good superhero movies from both marvel and dc combined. The others are all utter trash.
Doesnt help that most movies are aimed at 14 year olds these days. I want a superhero movie which takes itself seriously and actually has smart writing and a good story + non shaky cam action. So far there hardly have been any.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 am
Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:23 pm
Oh, and the thigh jigglers at CHUD are upset that WW is too sexy in this movie. There are a couple of glamour shots or something and now she's being raped by the camera or some faggy betacuck thing.
I wonder what the thigh jigglers would say about this:
http://archive.is/C9l9Q
That doesn't sound like made-up bullshit at all.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 am

So the Guardians, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and I guess Winter Soldier are all in the Avengers movies, but aren't the Avengers just Cap, Hulk, Iron-Man, Black Widow, that arrow fag, and Thor? How the hell is a 2-hour movie supposed to juggle all that shit and still have room for the mindless CGI finale where they all stand back to back and punch at the air while computer enemies explode en masse?

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:55 pm
I guess it's because it was her first solo movie? They had to defend that. Anything else where she's just part of a team is of course vile sexism, unless the entire team is female.
That's the thing though the proportions of man to women in those superhero teams are ridiculous only x-men ratio have some sense, but In JL it is especially noticeable, maybe it is the fact that she had a solo movie, where she was the leading presence and now putting her several steps backwards in to a team between indistinguishable male characters and trying to pretend that they are her equals feels strange.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:22 pm

I hope they do a Sailor Moon Cinematic Universe soon (probably starting with "Sailor V Begins"). It's the only way to tip those scales back.
Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 am
So the Guardians, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and I guess Winter Soldier are all in the Avengers movies, but aren't the Avengers just Cap, Hulk, Iron-Man, Black Widow, that arrow fag, and Thor? How the hell is a 2-hour movie supposed to juggle all that shit and still have room for the mindless CGI finale where they all stand back to back and punch at the air while computer enemies explode en masse?
Probably the tokusatsu way: Focus on the two most recent batch, plus the most famous ones, and then mash everything together for a big brawl at the end.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:04 pm
I want a superhero movie which takes itself seriously and actually has smart writing and a good story + non shaky cam action. So far there hardly have been any.
Keep waiting then. They have just found their formula for profit and it's not like anything you described. The good Spiderman movies came out when nobody thought you could even make a capeshit movie that isn't completely terrible. They were a fluke, a glitch in the matrix, and kicked off the current wave of shit. It's only getting more bland from here on out. Especially since they've found out that China will watch any dumb shit so they can skip the dumb western market for an even dumber one.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:05 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 am
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:04 pm
I want a superhero movie which takes itself seriously and actually has smart writing and a good story + non shaky cam action. So far there hardly have been any.
Keep waiting then. They have just found their formula for profit and it's not like anything you described. The good Spiderman movies came out when nobody thought you could even make a capeshit movie that isn't completely terrible. They were a fluke, a glitch in the matrix, and kicked off the current wave of shit. It's only getting more bland from here on out. Especially since they've found out that China will watch any dumb shit so they can skip the dumb western market for an even dumber one.
Exactly this. When I think about all of the good superhero movies, none of them were intended to sell 600 million copies all over the world to an audience of chinese businessmen. They were mostly low-budget films nobody expected would do well, or moderate-budget (but low-end for the genre) "summer blockbuster" type movies. X-Men 1 and 2. Spiderman 1 and 2. They're not even all that good. They're just better than the shit that comes out now.

Hell, Darkman was made because the Evil Dead guy got all pissed off that he was promised the rights to Batman and those rights were given to Burton instead. :lol: Rather like Moore and DC heroes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome