Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Johnny

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Johnny » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Aside from that one X-Men side-scroller on the SNES, the only capecomic games I've ever liked were some of the Batman games and that one Punisher beat-'em-up by Capcom. Neither of them are exactly superpowered beings.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:27 pm

I liked some of the cartoons as a kid. I watched SuperFriends when I was really young, and later the DCAU cartoons. I liked some of the '90s Marvel ones like X-Men. I don't really like the modern DC animated movies forgettable because there's no continuity between them. Live action wise, I loved the first two Superman movies and the two Tim Burton Batman movies.

And that's about it. I never read capeshit comics. I think those adaptations did a good job distilling the characters and stories and removing the inherent autism.

I torrent the new capeshit movies and I find them mostly forgettable-- just CGI sound and light shows dumbed down for inbred Chinamen.
お前はもう死んでいる。

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:00 am

So I finally saw Wonder Woman.

I liked it. Moral of the story being "man kind ducks sometimes, but it's also good". Good acting, easy on the stupid quipping etc.

Hard to believe Zach Snyder had anything to do with it honestly.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:00 am
man kind ducks
It becomes harder and harder to assume that you're just RPing as a nigger here.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:56 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:00 am
Hard to believe Zach Snyder had anything to do with it honestly.
I dunno, the fight scenes had some similarities with Men ov Steel and BvS, though they were a lot shorter and one-sided, which helped I guess.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:31 am

Watched the Spawn animated series a couple of weeks ago. Writing was pretty good, performances are excellent (particularly Keith David as Spawn). But goddamn that animation was awful. Whoever did the backgrounds for that show should be shot.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:31 am
Watched the Spawn animated series a couple of weeks ago. Writing was pretty good, performances are excellent (particularly Keith David as Spawn). But goddamn that animation was awful. Whoever did the backgrounds for that show should be shot.
I kinda want to see that series finished. It got cancelled didn't it?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:36 pm

More-or-less. I found it kind of odd that HBO would air a cartoon in the first place and it was clear that they just didn't have the budget for it.

McFarlane's been trying to get another Spawn series, mostly unrelated to the HBO series, off the ground for near a decade now and it just hasn't materialised.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Why not go for a cinematic universe? Let's beat Warner Bros. at making colorless, grimdark capeshit!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Well, HBO is Time Warner and the Spawn movie was made/distributed by New Line, which is also Time Warner. So unless Todd McFarlane says fuck you, chances are good that if he did make a Spawn cinematic universe, it would be at Warners. Might even stop the bleeding from all their DC capeshit films, if anybody actually gave a shit about Spawn any more. McFarlane's also been trying to get another Spawn movie off the ground for at least a decade now and that also hasn't materialised. In this case I think it's because he wants to write and direct it himself...and he doesn't want it to be a superhero movie or anything people usually associate with Spawn
Kugelfisch wrote: