Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Vega

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Vega » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:23 am
But if you do obsess over dumb shit like that? You get Capeshit writing.
I don't think it's too much to ask that a movie follow the rules it laid out just a few scenes before.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Is Affleck's movie ever coming out?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Trivo

Post by Trivo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Doubt it. I thought it was supposed to start filming a long time ago because they cast that one dude as Deathstroke, but apparently they haven't even written the damn thing yet.

I was Affleck would just leave already, which we know he's going to do. He's holding everything up.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Just saw Baby Spider.

"You can call me MJ."

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Black Mary Jane, niggas!

Forky

Post by Forky » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Literally the first exchange in the movie, between two blue-collar types: "When I was a kid, we used to draw cowboys and Indians." "It's Native Americans, actually."

It only gets worse from there (such as Black Mary Jane being an activist who won't go into the Washington Monument because it was built by slaves.) Ultimately, Spider-Boy has no soul. When you see the school scenes in the hallways with the "hip" songs blaring, it doesn't even feel like a movie. Not art, it's product. It may be the most millennial movie ever made. Even the score doesn't give a fuck. Other than the '60s Spider-Man riff over the Marvel logo, it might as well not exist. Like, there's music playing, but it's so nebulous it's almost distracting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Sounds fantastic. I'll take two tickets please! One for me and one for my disgust.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Forky wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:27 pm
Literally the first exchange in the movie, between two blue-collar types: "When I was a kid, we used to draw cowboys and Indians." "It's Native Americans, actually."

It only gets worse from there (such as Black Mary Jane being an activist who won't go into the Washington Monument because it was built by slaves.) Ultimately, Spider-Boy has no soul. When you see the school scenes in the hallways with the "hip" songs blaring, it doesn't even feel like a movie. Not art, it's product. It may be the most millennial movie ever made. Even the score doesn't give a fuck. Other than the '60s Spider-Man riff over the Marvel logo, it might as well not exist. Like, there's music playing, but it's so nebulous it's almost distracting.
Better or worse than The Amazing Spider-Man movies?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Seele

Post by Seele » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Forky wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:27 pm

It was only a matter of time before the MCU got infested with SJW/Tumblr pandering horseshit. I suspect this might be Sony Pictures' influence at work here since they've been heading down that path with CISbusters being a prime example of virtue signaling crap. The movie just looks like yet another boring run-of-the-mill play-it-safe Mahvel project that'll be forgotten in a little less than a year just like the majority of them post-Phase 1 since the cancerous fandom will immediately begin hyping up the next film to be released in the same year, anyway.

And lemme guess...
People are praising it to kingdom come and back because it's "deep, innovative, and awe-inspiring" since the MCU can do no wrong, right?
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 am

Seele wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:10 pm
It was only a matter of time before the MCU got infested with SJW/Tumblr pandering horseshit. I suspect this might be Sony Pictures' influence at work here since they've been heading down that path with CISbusters being a prime example of virtue signaling crap.

One of the producers is Amy Pascal. In addition to being the 'brains' behind Cisbusters, she also wanted to replace Spider-Man with Spider-Woman and she wanted to make a female superhero movie called 'The Glass Ceiling'. Because you know, if there's really anybody who has the right to complain about how women don't succeed in business, it's a top level movie executive who's been given multiple golden parachutes despite being a total fuck-up.
Seele wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:10 pm
And lemme guess...
People are praising it to kingdom come and back because it's "deep, innovative, and awe-inspiring" since the MCU can do no wrong, right?
It's being shilled to high heaven. Critics are calling it a 'fun, funny movie' and 'evocative of the great John Hughes movies' (read: Disney has paid them to say this)
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:34 am

All Amy Pascal is going to do is make the nip branch realize that hard racism was the right thing to do in the first place. Sony will have to cut that necrotic arm off eventually. Critics praising doesn't do shit at the box office.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!