Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Movie franchises almost always end with a whimper, not a bang. And I'm sure the MCU will be the same.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:00 pm

It's either a franchise that was originally supposed to be a trilogy but then just kept on going, or one that basically never intends to stop.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:13 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:49 am
They can't do a Thanos movie because the audience will tap out after watching what would feel like the "final" Marvel cinematic universe movie. People are gonna watch that Thanos shit, say "ok cool, the worst threat ever is gone, time to watch something else" and any sequels to the Thanos movie are going to be about lesser villains.

Thanos is pretty much Marvel's Darkseid IIRC. It's like making a Star Wars after Vader and the Emperor are dead, or making Star Trek movies after Kahn died.
Thanos was brought up when GOTG2 came out. The movie literally ended with Star-Lord fighting a god planet. How on earth can Avengers 3 & 4 top that? Building up Thanos seems like a mistake.

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:11 pm

According to other sites, Joss Whedon is reshooting Justice League and brought on Danny Elfman to replace Junkie XL for the music. Some think he's going to be in charge of DC's movies now, so expect lots of feminism guyz!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:33 am

I have no idea who Junkie XL is, but with Danny Elfman I can hope that at least the soundtrack might be salvageable, which is more than I can say for the previous DCCU movies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm sure I've heard of Junkie XL from the Burnout Paradise soundtrack or something else like that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Junkie XL is the guy from a little less conversation remix, that song is used in a lot of movies and commercials.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Ah, I knew I've heard that name before.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 pm

He did the music for Fury Road and Batman/Superman. Point is, Danny Elfman has the old Batman theme and nothing else but utter shit. He's easily the worst composer working today, so quality!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:20 am

I would be perfectly happy if Justice League just had the Batman theme from start to finish.
-Yours Truly