Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Charlar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:00 am
I hope you enjoyed the rogues gallery as much as I did.

Negaduck always felt a bit flat to me because he's just Evil Darkwing, but the rest was pretty fun. They'll probably get gutted or flanderized in a potential remake.

I also found it both weird and interesting that they had like an entire sub-show about spy stuff that - according to my memory - never really crossed over to the capeshit stuff.
Yeah i liked them, thought they might usex Mevavolt alittle too much, i marathoned the series so i kept seeing him a lot. Liquidator could have used more episodes with him as a solo villain
Gossalyn remnded metoo much of the nephews and Webby in the bad Ducktales, at least she was sometimes useful and not a mar sue (I think)
I dn't know which 90's early Disney Cartoon i missed i should watch next
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 am

I think they kept using him because he was the nerdiest one or something. I dunno. Just throwing theories out there.

And what's left for that time frame? Goof Troop? Chip 'n Dale? TailSpin? I'd probably go with the latter because it's the pulpiest.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:40 pm
Justice League looks hopeless. Joss Whedon reshot it all to hell and now it's basically Wonder Woman 2 and filled to the brim with light-hearted quipping. Also: "I don't RECOGNIZE this world anymore!" style anti-Trump bullshit.
No surprises there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm

'Thor 3: Cate Blanchett's Perfect Heart Shaped Ass' wasn't too bad. It makes Baby Spider look like shit. It's basically Guardians of the Galaxy 3, complete with CGI overload for every fight. Blanchett's only in it for about twenty minutes though, with 90% of the movie taking place on that stupid Jeff Goldblum planet.

There's also a random black girl who's faster, stronger, and smarter than both Thor and Hulk and don't need no man. She's also an elite warrior Thor worships and everyone is in love with her. Black Superhero Lives Matter, amirite?

That said, it exists solely to set up the next Avengers, has no real stakes, and will likely lead to refugee political bullshit in the coming movies. (Politics in everything!) It's also a perfect example why a shared universe ruins everything. No way could they make The Incredible Hulk today. It wouldn't make sense for Banner to be on the run in Brazil when literally a thousand different superheroes could just swoop in and help him.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 pm

I wonder when this trainwreck will just turn into a more expensive version of those Super Sentai x Kamen Rider crossover movies, where the cast has bloated so much that they can only really focus on the last batch of newcomers and put everyone else into one fuckhuge mass battle scene.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:21 pm

They kind of do that now. Both Avengers movies are basically Iron Man/Captain America with the rest hanging out in the background.

And it's been said before, but how is Thanos going to top any of the villains we've seen so far? The Guardians fought a literal god inside a planet, and Thor fought the Goddess of Death and a planet-destroying flame monster. What the fuck is a bloated purple Josh Brolin going to bring?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Depends on whether or not he's a cuck to Death itself in this continuity.
-Yours Truly

Seele

Post by Seele » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:00 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm
'Thor 3: Cate Blanchett's Perfect Heart Shaped Ass' wasn't too bad. It makes Baby Spider look like shit. It's basically Guardians of the Galaxy 3, complete with CGI overload for every fight. Blanchett's only in it for about twenty minutes though, with 90% of the movie taking place on that stupid Jeff Goldblum planet.

There's also a random black girl who's faster, stronger, and smarter than both Thor and Hulk and don't need no man. She's also an elite warrior Thor worships and everyone is in love with her. Black Superhero Lives Matter, amirite?

That said, it exists solely to set up the next Avengers, has no real stakes, and will likely lead to refugee political bullshit in the coming movies. (Politics in everything!) It's also a perfect example why a shared universe ruins everything. No way could they make The Incredible Hulk today. It wouldn't make sense for Banner to be on the run in Brazil when literally a thousand different superheroes could just swoop in and help him.
So in other words, it's just another play-it-safe glorified commercial with extremely smug characters who speak in snarky Whedonese autism 24/7 while the plot continues to devalue the final boss of the MCU's involvement before we even reach Infinity War, all the while it builds upon anti-Trump messages for it's post-Infinity War phases that'll come in the next decade of milking?

Pass.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:42 am

You're all being spergs, I never love the Mahvel shit, but Ragnarok's one of the better ones. A big part of it is the director's work, and this director's a guy who actually has some vision. This leads to the movie feeling more like a movie as opposed to a product.
There's a little Whedonshit, and it sucks, but it is restrained.
There are a lot of soundtrack and visual cues that are homaging Flash Gordon, but the movie Ragnarok reminded me the most of is probably 300. Director wanted to commit some cool shit to film. Its a LOT better than the other two.
Not particularly substantial, but I don't know how you'd do that with this Mahhhvel capeshit.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:50 am

Good to hear the MCU tradition of the Thor films being the shittiest of the bunch hasn't changed.
Is Spoony dead yet?