Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:36 am

Maybe he just took one look at those "The Force is Female" shirts and decided that he needs a permanent way out of this franchise.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:41 pm

I doubt that that's the problem he has. It's more likely that it's the clown show of Disney getting random idiots for directors and bitches that can't act for shit as their main characters.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:42 pm

Ford wanted Han Solo killed off forty years ago in "Return of the Jedi". He thinks the movies didn't do much with the character.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... ens-disney
By the time Return of the Jedi was being made in 1982, Ford was sick of Han Solo.

In fact, he started asking Lucas if he could get Han killed off just to give the character some depth.

Ford recalled: "I did think the character itself was relatively thin. I would have liked to see some complication for the character."

Ford said he was happy to return - despite not being contracted for further movies - but he knew Han Solo had run his course.

"Star Wars was a big success," he remembered. "So I was happy to come back and play Han Solo, again and again - but that was enough."

He felt Han had "reached his potential". He added: "I thought it would serve the story by dying."

Ford looked back sombrely on not getting his way on Return of the Jedi, which would have been the movie Han was originally going to be killed off in.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:52 pm

Not even the EU would've granted him his wish, since they dropped a moon on Chewie instead.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:31 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:42 pm
Ford wanted Han Solo killed off forty years ago in "Return of the Jedi". He thinks the movies didn't do much with the character.
And yet, he still returned in The Rise of Palpatine, almost as if his inner jewishness needed more shekels or something...
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:53 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:57 pm
It's an ultimatum and was likely part of the contract.
What are you going to do? Not have Han Solo in the movie ... ?
Yes, exactly that. I'd rather have no Han than loser, dead Han. The old characters weren't respected in these movies anyways. It would be better if they weren't there.

And yeah, I'd rather they just recast Indy with another white dude like Pratt or Ingruber than what they're doing.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:38 pm

Not having Han Solo for at least the first Pissney Soy Wars was absolutely not an option from a pure marketing standpoint.

Keep in mind that it's one of the gayest fan groups out there. Any stupid garbage spinoff is treated as canonical and they would rather have a character absolutely butchered and shat on than not get their "I KNOW WHO THAT IS SO I CLAPPED!!!" moment.

They are of such a cucked mindset that we can't relate to that.
It's the same people who think they can stick it to le ebil Nazis by "ruining" franchises like Star Trek or the Cthulhu Mythos by inserting woke faggot shit.
That one could just shrug that off as basically just fanfics is incomprehensible to them.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:50 pm

They had to include him in the first one cause they wanted to keep Luke for the dramatic ending and there was no other white cis het male left from the old movies to parade around.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:38 pm
That one could just shrug that off as basically just fanfics is incomprehensible to them.
They pretty much are. They're not even trying to hide it in Rise of Skywalker.

"And then my self-insert OC who is the granddaughter of Papatime becomes all the Jedie at once and destroys all the Sif forever."
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:42 am

The Palpatine connection *could have worked* - but they somehow fucked that up, too.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:40 pm

She should've turned Sith and helmet boy Jedi. Like pottery!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!