South Park

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: South Park

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:23 pm

The last few seasons have been painfully bad. I thought the show was mediocre for a while back when they were doing shit like "The Snuke" or that guinea pigs episode in season whenever the fuck, probably 11ish. But now the quality has fallen through a massive pit even compared to what were considered boring or bad episodes in the past.

So fucking horrible now. An entire fucking season for ONE JOKE. ONE JOKE. And it's not even a funny joke! "lel trolling"
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 pm

What joke would that be? I never followed South Park.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 pm
What joke would that be? I never followed South Park.
"lel trolling" Trolls exist guiz it's super funny we even have a rickroll maymay in here straight hot off the 2007 presses.

And that's followed by an unfunny subjoke about how everyone thinks their first girlfriend/boyfriend is perfect in all ways.
RAPEMAN wrote:

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 pm

I disagree on current seasons be8mg abject, irredeemable shit.

1) They were trying for a more episodic story, I can appreciate the effort.

2)the trolling was fun not because of the trolling, but just the person Gerald turned into when trolling. He missed a time where everyone just laughed at shit and he's taking it to an extreme. You had the reverse with Cartman actually trying to be a good person, but finding it hard to stay changed.

I thought it was kinda a cool look at those dynamics.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 pm

They did the continuity thing much better in season 19. Season 20 just demonstrates that episodic storytelling doesn't work for the way they write South Park. Season 21 is, so far, just lazy
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 pm

No, it's just shitty, CIA.

Gerald as a character has little depth, like most south park characters. They picked him out to be the troll because they needed an adult and they couldn't use Randy for everything. There's never been anything to indicate Gerald having that kind of personality before now, in fact he was a smug hipster SoCal cunt in the Smug Alert episode. Cartman is just fucking Cartman. He's the fucking walking Id I was talking about in another thread. There's no point having an in-depth character exploration of Cartman after the dog whisperer episode, which already did that much better. And they tried it again with the 99% bullshit, which was fucking terrible.

Episodic storytelling is currently the cancer ruining tv. I hardly want more of it, let alone a focus on shitty character development taking the place of actual jokes. Of which there were basically none. Just Matt and Trey being bluepilled as fuck about Trump and Shillary, some lame trolling jokes and more boring SJW shit that was old when they STARTED making fun of it. They got 2-3 really good SJW episodes, but now the whole thing is awful.

Never forget the Happy Holograms shit and also the two-parter about a girl being a fucking advertisement. Modern south park is trash.

The best chance they had to do character development in South Park was the Assburgers two-parter, which they completely backed the fuck down on by resetting everything at the end. They had their chance to do something different and they chose not to. I'm still pissed off at the way that two-parter ended. TBH I would have been okay with leaving some changes in place for at least a few seasons, like how Kenny died and stayed dead for a while.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:29 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 pm
Episodic storytelling is currently the cancer ruining tv.
Do you mean episodic (oldschool way of doing tv) or serialized (Game of Thrones)?
Because, I'm kind of starting to miss episodic TV. Something you can just turn on and watch to relax and not have to have been following every episode for years to understand.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:47 am

He means the latter. Columbo did well without having an ongoing story. I mean, there kinda was one, if you paid attention you should notice that he was promoted at some point, but that's really all the progression there was.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:12 am

I dunno. I kind of like arcs and continuity. A lot of my favourite shows have them, including Seinfeld. Don't get me wrong, I like stuff you can just dip into as well, but I think I prefer the former. It's also much easier to keep up with shows these days than it would have been even ten years ago.

I appreciate the effort Trey and Matt are putting into trying to keep it fresh after twenty years. The Simpsons would never try anything different like this. The problem is that it's been on for twenty years now and realistically they've reached the limit of stories they can tell. They should just finish it off with another movie and then do something else.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:12 am
They should just finish it off with another movie and then do something else.
I don't think Comedy Central will let them. If South Park ends, so do they. Not even the return of the Chappelle Show could keep it alive.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.