South Park

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: South Park

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Couldn't they have just pulled a Saddam Hussein and used the actual Trump? Or was that epic story arc of Garrison's election campaign really worth those 4-8 years?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Independent of outcome of the actual election they should've had Trump win anyway. Actual Trump, not Garrison. Hell, especially if Clinton had won they should've had Trump be president. What fucking morons to bank that hard on the biggest loser in politics.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:33 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 am
Watched the latest episode last night. A brief recap:
>Muh Drumpf
>Muh North Korea
>Muh other shit that was not funny and nobody cared about

I don't think I laughed a single time during the episode. Also, PC Principal has devolved into a bland, boring, uninspired shell of a character, and they're so afraid of Trump they won't even call Garrison by name even though Garrison, not Trump, is supposed to be the President.
They thought they could turn Garrison into Trump and then have Trump lose the election, then move Garrison back to south park as a normal person again to use in future episodes.

Now they're locked in with Garrison as POTUS for 4 fucking years! :lol: That's hilarious! And if Trump wins again, they'll be forced to use him for another four years!

Remember that South Park often has used the president, whoever it happened to be, in their episodes. Whenever they do that now, they have to use Garrison! They can't use him for anything else because they wrote him as the Trump who actually became president! All this because they were SURE shillary would win! :lol:

What do you mean "unfunny"? That's fucking hilarious! :lol:

This may be the funniest south park has ever been. But the humor is all outside of the actual episodes. Matt and Trey were too bluepilled and they fucked their own writing staff for the next 4-8 years. I tip my bedora to that one. Trump 4d chess strikes again.
I don't get how they WOULDN'T want Mr. Garrison as President. The character was stale for a while and this opens up so many possibilities.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 pm
I don't get how they WOULDN'T want Mr. Garrison as President. The character was stale for a while and this opens up so many possibilities.
They're not talented enough to explore those possibilities. They might have been, years ago, but they aren't now. Not to mention any episode focusing on Garrison as not Trump might unintentionally make him look good. Keep in mind these are the guys who used sophistry to argue why their anti-poltical correctness is not the same as Trump's anti-political correctness, because to do otherwise would be to admit common cause with Donald Trump.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Trey and Matt seem to have genuine contempt or apathy for the show, their audience, or both. If they hate doing it or just can’t be bothered anymore, then they need to end it because it’s getting painful.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm
Trey and Matt seem to have genuine contempt or apathy for the show, their audience, or both. If they hate doing it or just can’t be bothered anymore, then they need to end it because it’s getting painful.
They won't, because money.

I'm sure they do hate the show at this point. I'm sure they've hated it for many seasons now. But they've become the Simpsons they hated.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Money? :lol: They have enough money for two lifetimes at this point. Did no one just see me post that Comedy Central probably won't let them leave (blackmail, suing for breach of contract)?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:17 pm
But they've become the Simpsons they hated.
Did they ever say they hated the Simpsons? For any reason other than the Simpsons already did all their good ideas?
Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:28 pm
Money? :lol: They have enough money for two lifetimes at this point.
Rich people have a different standard of living to you and me. They need to keep in the money and the best way to do that is to get a regular TV show and draw a regular paycheque.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 pm

They had a shoutout to The Simpsons with an unnamed Bart Simpson character.
In the commentary track they said they like The Simpsons and King of the Hill, but they did hate Family Guy and Seth McFarlane's shows.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:39 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:17 pm
Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm
They won't, because money.

I'm sure they do hate the show at this point. I'm sure they've hated it for many seasons now. But they've become the Simpsons they hated.
The getting old episode was proof of that. They can lie all they want and pretend it's all good but that episode was them venting their frustration at being stuck doing one thing.

They are like internet nobodies, except they actually made good money.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.