South Park

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: South Park

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:37 pm

I actually really loved that two-parter. Being a cynical asshole myself, I can relate.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:39 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:17 pm
Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm
Trey and Matt seem to have genuine contempt or apathy for the show, their audience, or both. If they hate doing it or just can’t be bothered anymore, then they need to end it because it’s getting painful.
They won't, because money.

I'm sure they do hate the show at this point. I'm sure they've hated it for many seasons now. But they've become the Simpsons they hated.
The getting old episode was proof of that. They can lie all they want and pretend it's all good but that episode was them venting their frustration at being stuck doing one thing.

They are like internet nobodies, except they actually made good money.
The Assburgers two-parter was their last chance to make South Park worth something again (as a show.) They failed. They pulled back at the end, made Stan an alcoholic (as an end gag which they never revisited) and rolled back on every change they made during those two episodes.

It was very obvious that episode was Matt and Trey venting about the box they'd written themselves into. They almost saw their way clear of it (by making some fairly modest, but still meaningful changes to the show) but then didn't have the balls to stick it out. They must have decided fans didn't want a south park where Randy was divorced, Stan and the gang weren't friends any more and the series as a whole started to move into new territory.

Whatever they used to have, back when they made fun episodes, they don't have it anymore.

I'm not sure why they'd have wanted to play things so safe, considering how much money they have, but there you go. The result is what we have now: a shitty, bland South Park of stale jokes that are either so topical as to be completely unfunny a week from now (Faith Hilling) or else so Slowpoke that they're years behind the internet (SJWs and trolling.)

And yeah, Assburgers was great. I was hoping they'd stick with it, but the ending was a punch in the dick.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 am

I like that one episode where they did a parody based on that thing that happened.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 am
I like that one episode where they did a parody based on that thing that happened.
Now we're talking! I remember that episode from the best season where that other thing happened and they made a joke about it. Shit was hilarious!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 am
Guest wrote:
Now we're talking! I remember that episode from the best season where that other thing happened and they made a joke about it. Shit was hilarious!
Or that one time they totally RIPPED into that one topic everyone at the time was talking about.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:00 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Guest wrote:
Or that one time they totally RIPPED into that one topic everyone at the time was talking about.
Oh shit, totally forgot about that one! Character was outrageous in that episode. It had me in tears!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:09 am

Episodes like Insheeption, Jewpacabra and Faith Hilling have aged really well.
SpoilerShow
of course that's fucking sarcasm
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:20 am

Now you're talking in riddles. I can't tell if those episodes are real or not.
Leave it to a Californian to ruin a joke.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:00 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 am
Kugelfisch wrote:

Oh shit, totally forgot about that one! Character was outrageous in that episode. It had me in tears!
OMGLOL Matt and Trey reallly stuck it to them in that episode! Matt and Trey say things everyone else is too afraid to say!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 pm
but they did hate Family Guy and Seth McFarlane's shows.

Then again who doesnt?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine