South Park

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Duwango
Goon

Re: South Park

Post by Duwango » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am

rat-fuck wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 pm
I fully agree with this. Season 3 ruined the show for me. It's the longest season by far and most of it is them telling you his wife is a bitch which was already fully established beforehand with not much else happening.

You'll love to know the actress who played Skylar thinks everyone hates her character because of musoggyknees. In other words she sounds like she's just as much of a bitch in real life.
God, I would've loved to see Skylar die a slow and painful death. Not once she was supportive or understanding of Walter White. After Season 1 they should've given the main protagonist role to Jesse Pinkman; if nothing else he had far more potential for worthwhile character development (Fuck what they did to his character, by the way) than White, who was always established as a bitter idiot retard bitch since the very first episode.
Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm
Trey and Matt seem to have genuine contempt or apathy for the show, their audience, or both. If they hate doing it or just can’t be bothered anymore, then they need to end it because it’s getting painful.
They've openly stated some episodes they don't at all work on. They make entire episodes in a few days and often leave it to the last minute. It's clear they stopped caring a long time ago and that apathy is gradually grown.
[/quote]

It's not really surprising that South Park declined so hard over the years, considering that Matt and Trey are about as limousine lolbertarians as anyone can get and they never came off to me as particularly bright or having a decent work ethic. I can't give much in the way of actual criticism since it's been such a long time I watched SP, bu IMO the show only really worked during the VHS and early DVD era; the artstyle just doesn't flow well at all under high-definition, and as pointed out it fell to the same trap of cluttering their episodes with "special guests" like other animated sitcoms.
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:02 am
It's a pretty sad day when fucking Family Guy is funnier than South Park. I want to drive a knife into my hand for even thinking that, but it's true.
I have absolutely no investment or attachment to (modern) South Park, but if anyone ever wanted an easy way to turn anything unfunny, Family Guy and it's spin-offs are 100% guarantee anti-humor spray. Also Seth McFarlane is an animal rapist.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 am

Last but not least for now, not even South Park can save Cuckmedy Central from insolvency, it seems.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am

Bartnopolis wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 am
Last but not least for now, not even South Park can save Cuckmedy Central from insolvency, it seems.
I can't remember if Comedy Central was ever good and if it was when that was
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:46 am

Charlar wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am
Bartnopolis wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 am
I can't remember if Comedy Central was ever good and if it was when that was
Early 90s Comedy Central was great.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Bartnopolis wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am
as pointed out it fell to the same trap of cluttering their episodes with "special guests" like other animated sitcoms.
Nigga, what? They hardly ever have special guests. The one saving grace of the show is that they still shit on celebrities instead of jerking them off like practically every other show.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:26 pm
Bartnopolis wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am
as pointed out it fell to the same trap of cluttering their episodes with "special guests" like other animated sitcoms.
Nigga, what? They hardly ever have special guests. The one saving grace of the show is that they still shit on celebrities instead of jerking them off like practically every other show.
Family Guy has ripped on multiple celebs. Not well, but they have.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 pm
They explain a lot of the problems from the season. Some of which are obvious, like they expected Hillary to win.
What I found interesting was that the issues preceded that. Specifically, they started up the whole "Mr. Garrison (in the style of Trump) runs for office" in the preceding season figuring that Trump's campaign would run out of steam and they could just have Mr. Garrison return to the show as normal, but then in the meantime Trump managed to get the Republican nomination, forcing them to continue with a story past the point they thought it would work. So that incorrect prediction caused the season to already be on a rocky start with a plot they weren't confident in, and then the election result forced them to keep it going further. So their miscalculation really goes back to season 19 in setting up the plot to begin with.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:36 am

There's no excuse or explanation for an entire fucking season that's essentially one giant episode. No excuse for that. Anyone could have seen what a shitty idea that was. I remember being 3 episodes in and thinking "damn, I sure hope they wrap this retarded sperge shit up soon."
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Talk about ruined shows, even with Jon Steward the Daily Show was used as an obvious political tool but at least it was funny. That Trevor Noah Blaggot is such an dumbfaced idiot with 0 comedic timing that the show just has become more cringeworthy of a tool of political propaganda than FOX news ffs.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Affirmative action in inaction. Trevor Noah is a worthless slimeball that only got his job because of the color of his skin and possibly his accent,
I'm fucking tired of foreign fuckers like him and John Oliver telling us how to live our lives.
お前はもう死んでいる。