South Park

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: South Park

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:53 pm

the obvious problem with breakin bad to me is that it seemed to be written for 2 or 3 seasons max. But it became so succesfull they wanted to drag it out and create more totally ruining the series. Every season got weaker and I never thought that when it was all over I wouldnt do a marathonweek of all seasons but I did reach that point of just being sick off it all when it was over. I only like the first 2 seasons and then some sporadic episodes.

And I hate his wife (skyler?) with a passion, the dumbest and most hypocritical character ever written.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:50 pm

It was absolutely much too unrelenting. Even shounen know that you need a fucking breather in the form of some episodes where things are going fine or a look at a minor character. Nothing ever works out in Breaking Bad. There is some cliffhanger kinda thing going on at all times. There's never some relief from the pressure. The stakes get higher and higher all the time and after a while it's just tedious.
I have no plans to re-watch it, no plans to watch the last season and not even a remote interest in "Better call Saul".
It's also the same reason I dropped The Shield at some point. Get triggered, tictac. :lol:

The Wire had the luxury of longer episodes, better writing where not every character is a dickbag or an idiot and entire episodes that went at a much more realistic pace.
The Sopranos had the exact opposite problem where after season one a whole lot of nothing was happening. It had that "Lost" kinda feel where you start to notice that the writers have no clue where they want to end up and have written themselves into a corner.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:07 pm

There was one person I knew that hated the 5th season of Breaking Bad, and everybody thought he was being a total sperg. Though I can't disagree the season 4 finale would have made a better series finale.

Kugel, I recommend giving Better Call Saul a shot. It's less "stakes are always high and always rising" than Breaking Bad was. At least watch all the stuff with Mike.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Thing is, I don't like Saul.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm
Thing is, I don't like Saul.
You don't watch it for Saul,* you watch it for Mike. (caveat, he is rather limited in season 1)

*though I have to admit I found Saul's backstory charming after a few episodes.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Who was Mike again? The hitman?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:10 pm
Who was Mike again? The hitman?
Yes.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:33 am
Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 am
Seinfeld wasn't serialized, though.
I never said that it was. I said that it had arcs and continuity. Everyone else was saying they prefer shows with stand alone, self-contained episodes.
I wasn't trying to correct you, just make the distinction clear to everyone else.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 am

Watched the latest episode last night. A brief recap:
>Muh Drumpf
>Muh North Korea
>Muh other shit that was not funny and nobody cared about

I don't think I laughed a single time during the episode. Also, PC Principal has devolved into a bland, boring, uninspired shell of a character, and they're so afraid of Trump they won't even call Garrison by name even though Garrison, not Trump, is supposed to be the President.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 am
Watched the latest episode last night. A brief recap:
>Muh Drumpf
>Muh North Korea
>Muh other shit that was not funny and nobody cared about

I don't think I laughed a single time during the episode. Also, PC Principal has devolved into a bland, boring, uninspired shell of a character, and they're so afraid of Trump they won't even call Garrison by name even though Garrison, not Trump, is supposed to be the President.
They thought they could turn Garrison into Trump and then have Trump lose the election, then move Garrison back to south park as a normal person again to use in future episodes.

Now they're locked in with Garrison as POTUS for 4 fucking years! :lol: That's hilarious! And if Trump wins again, they'll be forced to use him for another four years!

Remember that South Park often has used the president, whoever it happened to be, in their episodes. Whenever they do that now, they have to use Garrison! They can't use him for anything else because they wrote him as the Trump who actually became president! All this because they were SURE shillary would win! :lol:

What do you mean "unfunny"? That's fucking hilarious! :lol:

This may be the funniest south park has ever been. But the humor is all outside of the actual episodes. Matt and Trey were too bluepilled and they fucked their own writing staff for the next 4-8 years. I tip my bedora to that one. Trump 4d chess strikes again.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome