South Park

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: South Park

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:08 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:50 pm
I'm not sure why they'd have wanted to play things so safe, considering how much money they have, but there you go.
Because the network want it that way. Trey and Matt aren't in absolute control. South Park is an established cash cow now, which means there's less room to experiment. It's not like the old days, say in Season 6, where they had more room to play with things.

You need only look at what they did to 200 and 201. You can't even see those episodes any more. They're not online, they've never been re-aired and in the US you can only get the censored versions on DVD (and in other, more cucked, countries you can't even get them on DVD). Compare this to the episode Super Best Friends, where they drew Muhammad, said Muhammad and nobody said shit.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Super Best Friends was pre-9/11.
Basically, the Muslims won on that day. Your first amendment rights will not be protected if you lampoon Mohammed or Islam.
Here's what happened to our local cartoonist when she tried to draw Mohammed:
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/03/hugh ... lly-norris
お前はもう死んでいる。

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:09 pm
Super Best Friends was pre-9/11.
Basically, the Muslims won on that day. Your first amendment rights will not be protected if you lampoon Mohammed or Islam.
Here's what happened to our local cartoonist when she tried to draw Mohammed:
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/03/hugh ... lly-norris
And that's why the Muslims should be thinned out, or at least humbled, as the Iron Shiek would say.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

That's why we need Exterminatus.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:01 pm

fuck this im done, 3 episodes in and the new season hasnt been funny for even one minute.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:33 am
Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 am
Seinfeld wasn't serialized, though.
I never said that it was. I said that it had arcs and continuity. Everyone else was saying they prefer shows with stand alone, self-contained episodes.
You can have gradual arcs and continuity over multiple episodes but in many comedy shows it is not vital to the enjoyment of the episode. They are often minor additional jokes or a build up to a larger joke at the end of each season.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:53 pm
the obvious problem with breakin bad to me is that it seemed to be written for 2 or 3 seasons max. But it became so succesfull they wanted to drag it out and create more totally ruining the series. Every season got weaker and I never thought that when it was all over I wouldnt do a marathonweek of all seasons but I did reach that point of just being sick off it all when it was over. I only like the first 2 seasons and then some sporadic episodes.

And I hate his wife (skyler?) with a passion, the dumbest and most hypocritical character ever written.
I fully agree with this. Season 3 ruined the show for me. It's the longest season by far and most of it is them telling you his wife is a bitch which was already fully established beforehand with not much else happening.

You'll love to know the actress who played Skylar thinks everyone hates her character because of musoggyknees. In other words she sounds like she's just as much of a bitch in real life.
Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm
Trey and Matt seem to have genuine contempt or apathy for the show, their audience, or both. If they hate doing it or just can’t be bothered anymore, then they need to end it because it’s getting painful.
They've openly stated some episodes they don't at all work on. They make entire episodes in a few days and often leave it to the last minute. It's clear they stopped caring a long time ago and that apathy is gradually grown.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:02 am

It's a pretty sad day when fucking Family Guy is funnier than South Park. I want to drive a knife into my hand for even thinking that, but it's true.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:02 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:02 am
It's a pretty sad day when fucking Family Guy is funnier than South Park. I want to drive a knife into my hand for even thinking that, but it's true.
No need to be Jeph Jacques
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:02 am
It's truly a foreign world we live in, currently, than the one from just 10-15 years ago. It's utterly bizarre.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 pm

They explain a lot of the problems from the season. Some of which are obvious, like they expected Hillary to win.
お前はもう死んでいる。