Series on the Interwebs: What have you watched? Tips for people?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Auli

Series on the Interwebs: What have you watched? Tips for people?

Post by Auli » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm looking for a neat series to watch. I'm into sci-fi, adventure or some thriller stuff.

Contemplating Dark Matter, since they have the writers that worked on Stargate; SG-1 (which was awesome).

You can even come out of the "I actually watch a lot of anime"-closer ;) Death Note is neat, so is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I haven't really found anything else that I SUPER-liked :/

So... tips or tell us what you've watched!
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Series on the Interwebs: What have you watched? Tips for people?

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Columbo.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Great Teacher Onizuka is one of the most inspiring animu out there.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Quantum Leap.

Not even joking.

Me and my dad used to watch it and it always gave a grin.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Fuck series, go watch the furry episode of CSI and have yourself many keks.
SpoilerShow
although if its sci-fi you're looking for, you could always look up classic Doctor Who (the Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker eras specifically)
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm
Columbo.
Every time you bring up Columbo I think of this: :lol:

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Auli wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:38 pm
I'm looking for a neat series to watch. I'm into sci-fi, adventure or some thriller stuff.
I'll try to come up with some less-known series/tv miniseries.

Sci-fi: The Prisoner (one of the greatest series of all time, nuff said), Firefly (OK attempt to merge western with sci-fi)

Adventure: Shogun (acceptable adaptation of great source material, full of 80s corny charm)

Thriller: Riget (merges all genres flawlessly together, could still be considered as a thriller), Das Boot (nothing today still rivals the claustrophobic intensity of this masterpiece)

And Bergman's Scenes from a Marriage (marriage is a thriller, adventure and sci-fi)
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 pm

I don't get it. You want any series to watch, or only streaming online series, or series about the internet? Make sense, bro!

Auli

Post by Auli » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 pm
I don't get it. You want any series to watch, or only streaming online series, or series about the internet? Make sense, bro!
Just a thread to tell people what series they've watched and give tips about what to watch.

Learn to read. Bro.
veris leta facies wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:52 pm
Auli wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:38 pm
stuff
Seen Firefly. Sad it was only one season. Movie was also good, so it kinda got an ending.

Das Boot we watched in school when we were... uh, 14 or something? At that age, it was pretty boring. Didn't really pay attention. I've heard it's actually good, though.
I'll read up on some of the ones yuou mentioned. TY
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 am

Mini-series:

Rainer Werner Fassbinder's World on a Wire from 1973; I'd like to think this inspired The Matrix, but, as usual, I'm probably way off base. Cerebral, highly-stylized, and detached, all in the best way possible.

Robert Altman's Tanner '88; a scathing mockumentary that follows a fictional presidential candidate against the backdrop of the real presidential election of 1988. A great look at the bread and circuses that is American politics.

As for comedies, most of my favorites are British: Snuff Box, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, Red Dwarf, and That Mitchell and Web Look.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Auli wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:54 pm
Das Boot we watched in school when we were... uh, 14 or something? At that age, it was pretty boring. Didn't really pay attention. I've heard it's actually good, though.
Give it a try. Your matured brain will probably react more positively.

And speaking of war stuff: Al Quiet on the Western Front. The really old one from 1920ish. It's a bit like Full Metal Jacket in that the beginning is mostly fun and camp, but then shit gets real.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette