Overrated/underrated characters

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Overrated/underrated characters

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:54 am

Even the comic is not very good. And it's the best version of that IP. The best way to describe the comic is a soap opera, ostensibly marketed towards men.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:03 pm

And I can't fucking escape it! Watch gun stuff and eventually there will be some faggot making a video about "Shit character's baseball bat!" or "Other shit character's crossbow!". Get absolutely fucked you cunts! Who spergs about a shitting baseball bat that some dumb character has? That's the fucking extend of the character, that people have to grasp for straws so damn hard to find something, anything, about the character that they pretend to give a shit about a baseball bat with barbed wire around it. WOW so fucking unique! NEVER seen that before! What's next? A board with a nail in it?

I hate TWD fans with a burning passion. They are even worse than Fallout fans. You know, those reddit spastics that only ever played the Bethesda games and goes to a convention in a vault jumpsuit.
1462743043442.jpg
1462743043442.jpg (185.95 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Boy, am I glad to not be affected by the TWD craze.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 am
Dragon Ball is much better than DBZ anyway. It's still dumb shounen nonsense, but at least it's fun and there are some character arcs. The central tournament was a great gimmick for the series. Every so often, we'd get to go back to this big tournament where we'd see every character and how far they'd progressed. The idea of characters competing in a tournament primarily because they loved martial arts and wanted to test themselves was a good idea more shounen mangos should use. Most nowadays have some artificial bullshit reason to make characters fight in shitty almost-tournaments. World Trigger was a huge offender there.
And it made sense for the series since Goku was a literal martial arts student. Of course he's gonna compete eventually, especially if he has to wait for the Dragon Balls to re-activate.
And these tournaments didn't bring the main plot to a screeching halt because there was no main plot and every arc was more or less self-contained. Oh, and they didn't take forever like contemporary fighting tournament arcs.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Are you watching Dragon Ball Super? Already in its second tournament arc and it's ridiculous and dull.
There's probably 100 new characters in this interdimensional tournament. There's no time to get invested or care about any of them. The reasons for the "fate of the universes" tournament are weak.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Lisa Simpson's kinda underrated. Always found her much funnier than Bart, whose prankster episodes were usually pretty superficial.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:06 pm

She definitely comes across more as an actual character, whereas Bart tends to be whatever the episode needs him to be. Especially his IQ is all over the place, depending on whether they need a Homer Jr. or Master Prankster.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm
Are you watching Dragon Ball Super? Already in its second tournament arc and it's ridiculous and dull.
There's probably 100 new characters in this interdimensional tournament. There's no time to get invested or care about any of them. The reasons for the "fate of the universes" tournament are weak.
Nice, your typical shounen animu fighting tournament arc that only exists for more cast bloat and has a fighting game plot.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:23 am

Walking Dead has never really been any good, the writers didn't know how to keep and develop an ensemble while still killing people off. They didn't really know how to write good characters either, an even deeper problem. Its pretty obvious that the showrunners have no idea how they're going to end it, as Tictac was talking about. Robert Kirkman seems like a cunt, and from what I've seen of the comics they seem dull.

Well, I'd still fuck Lauren Cohan anyway.

Craig Ferguson is underrated. He's naturally funny and likable and he was smart enough to get out of Late Night before being sucked into Trump's orbit. Even on the radio show he's doing now, he seems to be just shooting the shit. And his stand-up, when he does it, is a genuine delight. He just talks and its funny.

Since No More Heroes 3 has been announced, Suda51 is overrated as hell. He'll take a few interesting ideas and stick them in games that are generally obnoxious to play.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm
The point isn't to get invested in the new characters, anyway. The arc exists purely so they can give Goku his new transformation and nothing else.

Super is meant to be watched mindlessly, at this point. Between Toriyama obviously not knowing how to stay consistent and him giving the writing over to multiple other people, anyway, the power balances and such are so out of whack that it's impossible to enjoy if you're trying to see anything deeper than a flanderized shounen jump anime plot.
It gets worse if you read or pay any sort of passive attention to the manga adaptation. They're basically considered alternate universes, at this point.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:23 am

Probably Ron from the Harry Potter books. The thing I liked about him is that unlike characters written now, he was allowed to have what could be considered bigotted opinions but while tje opinions themselves were criticised, he was never considered a bad person for having them.

If the character was written in current year, he'd have to flog himself on the alter of SJW to cleanse himself of his evil. It also makes me wonder if at one point Rowling wasn't a raving loony like she is now or whether Ron was just an accident.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:53 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:23 am
Since No More Heroes 3 has been announced, Suda51 is overrated as hell. He'll take a few interesting ideas and stick them in games that are generally obnoxious to play.
Suda went to shit after NMH2. NMH2 was a warning and his following games got worse and worse. He has come crawling back to No More Heroes because people are over him now, it's a shame since Killer7 is a legit great game that is unlike anything else I have played.

He even said in an interview that Killer7 was the last time he was really hands on as a game designer and it shows.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.