Overrated/underrated characters

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Auli

Overrated/underrated characters

Post by Auli » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 pm

So... just saw a video that Darth Vader might be in the Han Solo movie.

... why? Darth Vader kinda suck. I mean... he's neat, but overrated af, imo

Any character's you think are overrated?`Underrated?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Overrated/underrated characters

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Mmh, an interesting topic for sperg. Let me channel my inner weeb for a moment.

C.C. from Code Geas (aka most boring mecha show with some of the weirdest filler I've watched) sucks. She's like a pizza-eating bimbo with healing factor who can hand out brainwashing powers or some shit. She's just a walking plot device, and the writers apparently tried to pull a Lost and created this multi-media empire of prequels, spin-offs and AUs revolving around "Are we finally gonna tell you what's her deal is?!". I frankly couldn't be bothered. Knowing animu, it'd probably involve pseudo-philosophical and -religious nonsense.

Going back to Star Wars, any Sith that isn't Palpatine is a bit underused in the prequels. Especially Dooku. Dude might as well be cut out of Episode 3, along with the terribly staged scene he's in.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Why would Vader be in a Han Solo prequel movie? Didn't Han think the Force was a bunch of hokum in the original movie?

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Why would Vader be in a Han Solo prequel movie? Didn't Han think the Force was a bunch of hokum in the original movie?
BEVCAUSE SATAR WARS!
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Seele

Post by Seele » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:58 pm

I think RLM put it best when they stated that Vader was and still is the most overrated/overpraised/overused villain in cinematic history. He's the equivalent of Sephiroth, The Joker, Frieza, or any popular capeshit villains in terms of how much the cancer known as geek culture can never shut the everloving fuck up about him.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:43 am

Were talking just characters?

Ok.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force characters in general.

Overrated. It was always late night garbage, and every character was fucking stupid. Yet I heard those fucks get quoted all the god damn time.

My roommate recently re watched the series. He has an IQ of about 130, and I just couldn't fathom what he found so funny about this bull shit...
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:35 am

Most shit is overrated because of the way "geek culture" works. Even something I think is awesome will get ruined if it becomes big enough *dons hipster glasses.*

But it's not bad BECAUSE it became popular. No, it's bad because pop culture turned it into a fucking geek meme and shat out tons of "related" (aka terrible, but technically inside the same universe) materials approximately 1 second after Exhibit A attained mainstream popularity within the retarded geek community.

We can't just have a thing and enjoy a thing. We have to ruin it with 1000 shitty spinoffs.

Lovecraft is good. But we can't just have Lovecraft. We have to ruin everything he ever touched with shitty OC fanfic written by current year faggot writers.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:31 am

overrated: miku, rick from rick and morty, marcaline from adventure time, john wick, arby/wendys social media, broly from dbz, batman, boba fett

underrated: this ones a bit harder, gonna go with youtube channels more than anything, spawn wave, ljn defender, jeremy parish, mega 64, rerez, snes drunk
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 am

Fuck, John Wick is an awful character. But he's AWESOME AND HAS A DOG, GUYS.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:05 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:35 am
Most shit is overrated because of the way "geek culture" works. Even something I think is awesome will get ruined if it becomes big enough *dons hipster glasses.*

But it's not bad BECAUSE it became popular. No, it's bad because pop culture turned it into a fucking geek meme and shat out tons of "related" (aka terrible, but technically inside the same universe) materials approximately 1 second after Exhibit A attained mainstream popularity within the retarded geek community.

We can't just have a thing and enjoy a thing. We have to ruin it with 1000 shitty spinoffs.

Lovecraft is good. But we can't just have Lovecraft. We have to ruin everything he ever touched with shitty OC fanfic written by current year faggot writers.
In Lovecraft case it's a bit more complicated though, Lovecraft corresponded with the "Lovecraft Cycle" that had Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, Robert E. Howard, Robert Bloch, Frank Belknap Long, Henry Kuntter and others. It wasn't a serious thing, more like burrowing and referring material from each other. This can be seen as a sort of "First Phase" of sorts and what happened after Lovecraft death was what he wanted. The fanfics actually started with a "Second Phase" with August Derleth who introduced the Good versus Evil dichitomy, combined the three cycles of Lovecraft stories, stole material from other writers and forced all the stories until them into a bloated mess.
"Third Phase" was the era of of Lin Carter, Colin Wilson, Brian Lumley and Chaosium.
So current years writers unfortunately follow a set pattern, in no way i'm i defending them.
I had to look this up.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes