Overrated/underrated characters

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Overrated/underrated characters

Post by mad bum » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:28 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 am
Fuck, John Wick is an awful character. But he's AWESOME AND HAS A DOG, GUYS.
John Wick is for all the Irish boondock saint normies who dream of being a vigilante.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am

Tien in the original Dragonball is very underrated. His character arc in the second tournament was the best writing Toriyama has ever produced, but people care about more Vegeta being a spergy retard.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:36 pm

At least Darth Vader is a proper series antagonist. Boba Fett on the other hand, Jesus Christ shut the fuck up! I'm almost glad the prequels ruined his mythos for the fanboys. One of Spoony's early text reviews was how much Boba Fett sucks and it was one of the only times he was 100% right about anything.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:12 pm

I still don't get how one cool-looking costume would cause him to just explode in importance everywhere except in the original trilogy.
mad bum wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:31 am
overrated: miku, rick from rick and morty, marcaline from adventure time, john wick, arby/wendys social media, broly from dbz, batman, boba fett
Luka is better, anyways. She has more "talent" *nudge nudge*.
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am
Tien in the original Dragonball is very underrated. His character arc in the second tournament was the best writing Toriyama has ever produced, but people care about more Vegeta being a spergy retard.
Tien is rad, but just like everyone who's not an alien, he just can't keep up with the stupid arms race.

And this is probably more of another stab at Other M, but I don't get the deal with this Baby Metroid. The thing imprinted on Samus after she genocided the shit out of its species, and this suddenly makes it one of the "good" guys? The fucker almost chewed her up in Super Metroid because he took a bit to remember her. What was she gonna do with it, anyways? Register it as a pet?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Lara Croft just because of tits, no real character tbh
Geralt from the witcher is overrated as well, what a dumb tool that guy is XD
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:43 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:12 pm

And this is probably more of another stab at Other M, but I don't get the deal with this Baby Metroid. The thing imprinted on Samus after she genocided the shit out of its species, and this suddenly makes it one of the "good" guys? The fucker almost chewed her up in Super Metroid because he took a bit to remember her. What was she gonna do with it, anyways? Register it as a pet?
So saving her ass at the last second from Mother Brain's fuck blast doesn't count for anything?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 pm

That's where the imprinting comes into play. Cosmic horror instinct does not make for a noble sacrifice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Walter White from Breaking Bad. He quickly turns into a blathering moron with next to no motivation behind it. Why would he want to try and poison that one kid? What because Jesse is such a helpful fuck that he can't do without him?
Then again, everyone in that show goes full retard eventually.

Deadpool is also overrated as fuck. I have yet to hear or read a single fucking funny line from him.
All the hipster garbage comedy shows are overrated as well. All the animated cancer and trash like IT Crowd and Big Bang Theory. Pure, vile garbage the lot of it.
Every character in The Walking Dead. What a dumb fucking show that is. Not a single likable character in the entire show.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am
Power creep in DBZ fucked him over badly. He was a big bad in dragon ball, then he was as strong as Goku, then he was just barely under Goku and then became a jobber nobody.

It's pretty retarded how 97% of DB and DBZ cast got power creep'd until they became jobbers, and we were finally only left with maybe 3 or 4 guys who could actually fight worth a shit.

Dragon Ball is much better than DBZ anyway. It's still dumb shounen nonsense, but at least it's fun and there are some character arcs. The central tournament was a great gimmick for the series. Every so often, we'd get to go back to this big tournament where we'd see every character and how far they'd progressed. The idea of characters competing in a tournament primarily because they loved martial arts and wanted to test themselves was a good idea more shounen mangos should use. Most nowadays have some artificial bullshit reason to make characters fight in shitty almost-tournaments. World Trigger was a huge offender there.

Walking Dead is fucking terrible in every possible way.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 am
Walking Dead is fucking terrible in every possible way.
Well thank fucking you holy fucking shit. You have no idea how hard I groaned when Stern made a pinball about it and I had to watch that motherfucking IP in my fucking pinball tournaments forever and ever and fucking ever. And it's a terrible pinball as well where one of the features has to be turned off for tournaments because shit doesn't work right and another mode isn't played because it's asking for death.
FUCK FUCKING WALKING FUCKING FUCK FUCK SO FUCKING HARD!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!