Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Anime is the least gay medium out there. Manly men doing manly things and lots of cute girls. No need for disgusting flat chested hags because Hollywood can't offend the female dollar.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Manliness.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:33 pm
Anime is the least gay medium out there. Manly men doing manly things and lots of cute girls. No need for disgusting flat chested hags because Hollywood can't offend the female dollar.
There haven't been manly men in a while in anime. Your typical weeb show has men who are at best metrosexual and at worst androgenous
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 pm

And it's full of pedophilia now. As we all know, pedos are the least alpha of all men. They're attracted to children because they know they can't get an adult.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:21 am

I finished all of the original Ductales, overall it was more good than bad
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:34 pm

Charlar wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:21 am
I finished all of the original Ductales, overall it was more good than bad
The bad things about the movie 1) Wasn't animated by the great Tokyo Movie Shinsha like the series and was animated in France(!) 2) DuckTales already did a genie episode that was very similar 3) Disney ripped off their own DuckTales movie with Aladdin and totally stole its thunder.

As for anime... I can't really defend 21st century anime. Much of it has been dumbed-down for kiddies due to globalism changing the Japanese values and sensitivities. Also, the same problems that plague Hollywood productions: Things need to be dumbed-down and inoffensive.

20th century anime is awesome and you never knew what was going to happen due to the cultural differences. Check out this anime from 1981! They could never do this today.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/miss-machiko
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:49 pm

Inoffensive? Did somebody kill off ecchi and hentai while I wasn't looking?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:07 pm

I feel like those types of shows are done for the domestic market. They don't have any real plans to export them. They're targeted at a niche NEET audience.
Some of them do get imported into the US, but probably half of the hentai anime doesn't. I think that stuff is heavily pirated (people are too embarrassed to buy) and not very profitable in the US. The production value on those also seems to have dropped to almost nothing.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:49 pm

There are indeed Hentai anime still being licensed, even dubbed (!). Some of it's for the European market, it's not something that happens often. Nips also do sneaky shit with the newer hentai imports to discourage reverse importing an uncensored version, like giving the US distributor of a Bible Black sequel unfinished episodes.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:51 pm

gotta double post since I can't edit
Yeah hentai's prodution values are at an all time low. Slideshows and flash-shit, and a lot of the episodes only last 12 minutes. The manga looks better than ever, I guess there just isn't a big market for moving lewds anymore.