Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:32 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:29 am
Off WinMX? What?
WinMX was an ancient file-sharing program. The superior Napster.
お前はもう死んでいる。

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:11 pm

You mean Kazaa?
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:13 pm

From 4chan to Linktree, Kazaa will be free.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:14 pm

P2P file sharing programs were the shit back in the early 2000s. Then they all became honeypots.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:28 pm

Watched the first two episodes of Avatar the Last Genderbender - Netflix Edition.

Nothing egregious for the fans of the original so far, though the way characters like to use others as an excuse to describe their inner turmoil to the audience is pretty hamfisted. Friggin' Wan Piss was more subtle and natural with this.
This is also the second live-action attempt to make Aang's forehead tattoo overly elaborate. Didn't really notice it in the trailers very much, but when watching the show your eyes will eventually start lingering on his tattoo wrinkles.
At least Sokka is still second-best boi. Best boi is Iroh, as it should be.

Wondering when black people will start to show up. Would be hilarious if they don't, seeing how there's already a lot of *white* people in this.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Apparently the Rome-and-Juliet pair that invented earthbending are lesbians now. Naturally the visuals for the backstory are ambiguous enough that less enlightened dubs can easily swap out the pronouns for something more heteronormative.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:21 pm

My final verdict for Avatar the Last Cockbender: It's okay

It's by no means a Cowboy Bebop, but it's also not a One Piece. It's at its best when it's just copy-pasting scenes from the cartoon, but whenever the writers have to change/adjust stuff it's noticably worse and sometimes just makes the lore more confusing.
Probably the worst 'tism of the writers (which will make or break your viewing experience) is their obsession with forced expository dialogue. That the original cartoon is more subtle and expects a higher IQ from its audience is fucking hilarious.

I actually did spot a black guy in this. It's was some advisor/officer who stood next to Ozai in one scene :lol:

I'm overall happy with the casting choices - except for Azula and her two friends (who had an early appearance in this season). Maybe I'm pampered by watching live-action shit from Japan and Korea where only the most tolerable 3DPD are allowed to act, but these three hoes are just pudgy. Azula doesn't look nearly as menacing, my waifu Ty Lee looks like a cosplayer, and whatever the pseudo-goth chick was called again looks like a younger Rose Tico. It's like they were actively searching for Asian actresses with the roundest heads.

Probably the most baffling change was the spirit world. They like mixed together all the spirit world stuff from season 1 and introduced Wan Shi Tong early for some reason (without him actually saying his name, also for some reason).
What this effectively boiled down to is that Hei Bai's plot never gets a resolution. He just shows up for one scene, and then the entire spirit world plot gets derailed by an early appearance from Koh.
Admittedly the guy looks pretty creepy as CGI, but he got pretty much nerfed in this. You know how in the cartoon Aang had to put up a permanent poker face around him because he will steal your face if you show any kind of emotion? He doesn't do that here. He's still a face stealer, but don't ask me if there are any rules for that, 'cause the live-action version doesn't elaborate.

It truly boggles the mind. The cartoon had this great mind game between Aang and Koh involving esoteric spirit laws, and here Koh just kidnaps Aang's friends until he can complete a fetch quest.
-Yours Truly

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:39 pm

Just okay? Aang didn't even waterbend.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:07 pm

They only reach the Northern Water Tribe in the last two episodes. They didn't have time to establish the location, have Sokka fall in love, have Katara deal with the sexist old man, cover the siege and give Aang a training montage.
If they ever bring out season 2 I'll bet he'll have learned it inbetween the seasons. They'll have enough trouble cramming everything into 8 episodes that they can't afford to include shit they forgot to put in season 1.

(Though considering the cartoon had shorter episodes, I don't think the original had all that much more raw runtime to dedicate to the Northern Water Tribe, either.)
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:38 am

Rushy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:13 pm
I'm gonna give Twin Peaks a shot, do you guys think it's any good?
Update: got around to watching the first episode.

*Kyle MacLachlan seems to be playing it as young Columbo, and is also easily the best part about the whole thing.
*The end kinda lost me. Why wouldn't the dude on the bike (James) just go to the cops in the first place? I know he has no alibi, but acting like a fugitive surely makes that situation ten times worse. He had fuck all to do with Laura's death, and seemingly every motivation to help the cops catch the real killer.
*Beautiful cinematography and pacing. Felt like a 1970s movie that just happened to be filmed in the 1990s.
*Sherilyn Fenn is hot as fuck.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:05 pm

Keep in mind that the show was supposed to be about the mystery, not its solution.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!