Series that got super politized

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Series that got super politized

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 pm

Duwango wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 pm
The biggest problem with Netflix shows is that they insist in bottlenecking their series' to 8-to-10 episodes per season. Such format is nothing short of overbearing and it's easy to detect whether a series has a hard time developing it's characters or getting much further with the story because of it. Stranger Things is most glaring example of this, although it's hardly the only problem the show has. :roll:

Anyway, back to the thread topic.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... ee-on-set/
The other huge problem they have is the standard one all dramas have right now:

-the entire fucking show is one story, often made up as they go along

-this means you can't watch just one episode and it encourages people to give up on the show if you don't have 40 fucking hours to spend keeping up with repetitive bullshit

-most of the conflicts are soap opera tier trash like somebody cheated on their wife and someone else found out, or somebody is emotionally blackmailing somebody else to do something bad, like whore themselves out. The most extreme case is "muh rape plotz" where somebody gets raped and then covers it up because they're fucking retarded, like Sons of Anarchy did

-retarded political sperge in general, where every show has to be a commentary on muh current year. I'm not so much bothered by the fact that it's always shitlib as the fact it's always an opinion with very little nuance, arguing against cartoonish strawmen

-each episode is a fucking HOUR LONG. This doesn't seem like a problem until you realize one season is at least 10-15 episodes, often more, and this isn't "tv hour" when I say an hour. No, an hour in this case means 55 minutes. I don't have fucking 55 minutes to sit down and watch ONE PART in a THREE HUNDRED EPISODE STORY, I mean jesus fuck get your shit together

The solution to this is bring back Star Trek, Columbo, Poirot and Matlock-style serialization. Show episodes that you can watch out of sequence with two and three-parters to break up the formula. The best x-files episodes were the monster of the week ones. Nobody cares about smoking asshole and the alien plot told over 7-9 seasons.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:33 pm

For example, I've been wanting to get back into The Man in the High Castle, but even with two seasons, I'd have to commit to sitting down for something like 15 fucking hours to finish the story from where I am now.

Fuck's sake. It's not like I can leave it running in the background while I do some other shit, either. I have to sit there and pay attention to this fucking story for 15 fucking hours so I can figure out if I like this series or not.

Hell. BOOKS are a better time investment. It's easier to pick up and put down a fucking book, it costs less, I can mark my place and I can read it while taking a shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:20 am

Homeland went full shitlib last season, which was easily predictable in response to the criticism they received for being "racist" against Muslims. The main antagonist is this right-wing radio host caricature who's in league with this shady corporation that employs hundreds of people to post comments online. Classic example of liberals trying to vilify the right by accusing them of doing the exact shit the left has been caught red handed doing.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:47 am

I believe NCIS also toned back their Muslim terrorist plots.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:12 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 pm
Nobody cares about smoking asshole and the alien plot told over 7-9 seasons.
Dunno where that pinnacle of exclusive opinions came from. The Alien Mythology did it's job for the first six seasons or so; then the writers attempted to apply a band-aid over it with the utterly hapless Super Soldier arc that did not go anywhere. I have a lot to sperge regarding the X-Files alone, but that'll be for another day.

I'm mostly in agreement with the rest of your tl;dr textwall. Hawkins, Indiana is so mind-boggingly lifeless. Would it really kill them to cast aside two standalone episodes to flesh out the history of the city and it's inhabitants? Not to mention the "writers" apparently need FOUR seasons just to put in paper a bare bores "lore" concerning gooey monsters. We are not even given hints as to who they are and how they came into existence etc. No serious attempt to engage the viewer whatsoever.

Overall, i’m sick to death of media that jacks off to 80s culture and reduces the entire decade into a superficial one-dimensional aesthetic of neon and fake VHS static. Nicolas Refn movies, Kung Fury, Hotline Miami and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon to name a few aren't inherently terrible but the creative bankruptcy is very flabbergasting on them. The actual 80s did not come even close to looking like that most of the time.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:50 am

Auli wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:47 am
I believe NCIS also toned back their Muslim terrorist plots.
NCIS also toned back the, "making a good show," about 7 seasons ago so there's that.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:03 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:33 pm
For example, I've been wanting to get back into The Man in the High Castle, but even with two seasons, I'd have to commit to sitting down for something like 15 fucking hours to finish the story from where I am now.

Fuck's sake. It's not like I can leave it running in the background while I do some other shit, either. I have to sit there and pay attention to this fucking story for 15 fucking hours so I can figure out if I like this series or not.

Hell. BOOKS are a better time investment. It's easier to pick up and put down a fucking book, it costs less, I can mark my place and I can read it while taking a shit.
Burn Notice did what you like very well I think, mixing one off scenarios with the occasional "main plot". Watching Michael Weston fuck with Miami's criminal underworld was great. Never did get past season 2 though.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:26 am

Bring back Jericho dammit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:02 am

Auli wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:49 pm
Charlar wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:42 pm
The Simpsons
Any examples? I like the College robot thing they did,
They just did one where a bunch of feminazi writers guest starred like the cunt that created the Bechdel test.
The show got really SJW under GW Bush, and I assume it will only get worse next year when the episodes produced under Trump start airing.

All Seth McFarlane's cartoons got really preachy at some point and I dropped them all. I recently started watching Family Guy again and it's not as bad as it was.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:47 am

Simpsons is fucking terrible imo.

I was never watching during the seasons when it was good. It's been bad as long as I've been aware of it. The recent south park season is a lot like how every simpsons episode is for me. I watch the entire episode and never laugh one time.

Simpsons is the marmaduke of "adult cartoons." It's been running so long that there's no longer even a chance it could be enjoyable.
RAPEMAN wrote: