Series that got super politized

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Series that got super politized

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Regarding Netflix, there's the Trailer Park Boys who haven't turned to shit. Lahey is a faggot but he's always been one and it fits the character.

Regarding Simpsons, I'll go read that Zombie Simpsons book.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Man, to think that show is still going on. I feel old.
Duwango wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:12 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 pm
Nobody cares about smoking asshole and the alien plot told over 7-9 seasons.
Dunno where that pinnacle of exclusive opinions came from. The Alien Mythology did it's job for the first six seasons or so; then the writers attempted to apply a band-aid over it with the utterly hapless Super Soldier arc that did not go anywhere. I have a lot to sperge regarding the X-Files alone, but that'll be for another day.
The alien plot lost its charm far quicker for me. It just moved too slow, the alien invasion thing wasn't terribly interesting, and then we find out that Mulder's sister was actually abducted by elves or some shit.

Just give me some gross monster, like the stretchy guy or that Siamese twin. That's always fun.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:38 pm

The original alien mythos was good, but then it just kept going on without anything happening, and it kept getting retconned. Finally it just disappeared and switched to the Super Soldiers bullshit which was just awful. The new series has something altogether new now, too.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rat-fuck

Re: Series that got super pozzed

Post by rat-fuck » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:02 pm

American Horror Story is fucking amazing. It's a shit show so there's loads of filler but there are some hilarious episodes in there. Never saw it before it became MUH DrUMPF though. I wholeheartedly recommend you all watch at least the first episode, even just the intro. Some of the best comedy to come out in years.

Most shows I watched had annoying shitlib stuff in it long before current year. It's always annoyed me; the only difference now is how visible it is.

Expect almost all media now to be full of this stuff (if you haven't already).
Auli wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 pm
I liked to watch Special Victims Unit. Watching one of the newest episodes now, and some Muslims got killed. The "heroes" of SVU er super liberal, and the suspect who is a white male with Nazi haircut says "these towelheads are blowing us up because of you stupid white liberals!" and I'm like "wtf... I agree more with the "bad" guy here lol".
Guess I gotta post that vid again.

phpBB [video]

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:36 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:54 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 pm
Law and Order SVU, where the women are always the victims even if they are criminals and the men are guilty even if they are innocent.
Men are guilty from the day they are born.

(Fuck, I think I already said that in a different thread.)
White men. If the perp is a "Person of Color" then Benson will go out of her way to find a way to portray them as a victim. Not my boy Stabler though, he didn't care what color those rapists were.
I guess it makes it realistic. Police often go out of their way to not arrest those poor minorities IRL and just let them continue committing crimes.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 pm
-most of the conflicts are soap opera tier trash like somebody cheated on their wife and someone else found out, or somebody is emotionally blackmailing somebody else to do something bad, like whore themselves out. The most extreme case is "muh rape plotz" where somebody gets raped and then covers it up because they're fucking retarded, like Sons of Anarchy did
It's because you have to treat rape as the worst crime ever. Far, far worse than torture or murder or anything similar because it's a sick ebul crym agenst womin you evil white male rapist! Poor women.

Also I agree with the drawn out seasons of the same story. I never really got into those shows because of that. They're just so boring while at the same time so demanding. It's just not worth it.
Duwango wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:12 am
Overall, i’m sick to death of media that jacks off to 80s culture and reduces the entire decade into a superficial one-dimensional aesthetic of neon and fake VHS static. Nicolas Refn movies, Kung Fury, Hotline Miami and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon to name a few aren't inherently terrible but the creative bankruptcy is very flabbergasting on them. The actual 80s did not come even close to looking like that most of the time.
This. The 80s is great for all sorts of stuff, but instead they decide to focus on this faux ambient setting while clearly not taking anything actually from that time; it's relying on nostalgia over making something decent.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:23 pm

I find the 90s to be portraid even further from reality. It's downright cartoonish. As if everyone was wearing flashy colours and saying shit like "gnarly".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Also I agree with the drawn out seasons of the same story. I never really got into those shows because of that. They're just so boring while at the same time so demanding. It's just not worth it.
Much like with shakeycam, there were some early good uses of it. But now everyone uses it and the idea has turned to shit.

The Wire was good. The Shield was good too. Homicide: Life on the Streets was fine. But now everything is set up that way and most of the shows now don't have nearly the level of storytelling those other shows had. The Wire comes across as planned from the first to the last season. The Shield explicitly was planned that way. I remember it from interviews. But shit today? I doubt every new drama is completely planned out.

The result is the loss of the benefits of stand-alone episodes, but without the positives of a large, epic story. The stories are only "epic" in terms of length now, not their quality.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 pm

So this is like back when Lost became popular and suddenly everyone and their mother shat out a mystery series that didn't explain shit (and was most likely cancelled after the first season).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Lost is another good example for the exact moment when the giant story approach to making tv shows went to shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:55 pm

The Wire never did that shit every long arc show does now which is end every episode and season with a cliffhanger. The Wire really is just that damn good. I just watch it repeatedly instead of checking out other shit shows.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:23 pm
I find the 90s to be portraid even further from reality. It's downright cartoonish. As if everyone was wearing flashy colours and saying shit like "gnarly".
Watch as the 2000s get remembered as everyone wearing grills on their teeth.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.