How much is comic book Thor based on the saga's?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: How much is comic book Thor based on the saga's?

Post by Charlar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:25 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:03 am
Somewhere I have a reprint of Thor's first appearance that I read 20 years ago. Thor was even more of a generic superhero back then. I haven't read it for years, but I remember him being some regular schlub that got transformed into a superhero by the spirit of Thor or something. He would change from his Clark Kent-like persona into Thor at will. I think he was even a reporter too with his own Lois Lane-type sorta-girlfriend.
Doctor
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 am

Figures, I read it 20 years ago. Can you fill me in on what the original Thor was all about?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:33 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 am
Figures, I read it 20 years ago. Can you fill me in on what the original Thor was all about?
Odin wanted to teach Thor humility and put him (without memories of who he really is) into the partially disabled human Donald Blake (it was revealed in Thor #157 that Blake was always Thor and that Thor forgot he was the God of Thunder because Odin's enchantment made him believe his real identity was Blake)
Thor as Blake saw a Alien raiding party (probably not related to the recurring alien races invented later) which he fled into a cave where he found Mjolnir and for the first time was returned tu his real identity and thus defeated the raiding party.
Then he lived for most of the 60's a double life as doctor Donald Blake with the assistance of Nurse -and eventual love interest - Jane Foster. Loki almost immediately noticed his adoptive Thor presence on Earth and started his LONG period on attacking then, Loki was responsible for the emerge of many of Thor primary villains like The Absorbing Man, The Destroyed and the Wrecker.
Loki eventually caused the Avengers to be formed. Other early foe include Zarrko the Tomorrow Man, the Radioactive Man, the Lava Man, the Cobra, Mister Hyde, the Enchantress (and the Executionner) and the Gray Gargoyle
Thor fell in love with Jane Foster and disobeyed his father desire for him to return to Asgard for which Thor was punished many times (Thor affinity was because his mother was the goddess of earth Gaia)
Loki machinations force Thor to go on epic aventure like when he teamed with Odin and Balder against Surtur and Skagg, to defeat an increasingly powerful Absorbing Man or to prove his innocence in "The trial of the Gods".
-All fanbases are shit

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:52 am

Thor encounter Hercules who become a loyal and trustworthy friend who he saves from Pluto, stops the advance of Ego the Living Planet, rescue Jane Foster from the High Evolutionary and his flawed creation the Man-Beast. Odin finally relent and allow Jane Foster to love Thor If she pass a test but she panic and Thor intervene, Jane is sent back to Earth and given another chace to Love while hearthbroken Thor is introduced to Asgardian warrior Sif.
Thor has his first fight with the Troll Ulik when he tried to steal Mjolnir, he returns to Asgard to stop Mangog from pulling the Odinsword which would end the universe, learns of Galactus origins and rescue Sif when she is kidnapped.

The highlight of Marvel Thor's history in the 60's
-All fanbases are shit

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Man, I forgot he used to be a doctor that needed a walking cane. Now ain't that interesting how [current year] MovieThor just stays an ubermensch after his punishment?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm
Man, I forgot he used to be a doctor that needed a walking cane. Now ain't that interesting how [current year] MovieThor just stays an ubermensch after his punishment?
Fangirls were a mistake
-All fanbases are shit