Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
wulfenlord

Re: Books

Post by wulfenlord » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:33 pm

Hey now, it's just his WordStar from 1990 only editing key is Backspace, so he needs to start from page 1 when he findy a typo :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:16 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:19 pm
A good take on why Gurm will NEVER finish his books:

TL;DW: Gurm set himself to write a post-modernist magnum opus to deconstruct the classic fantasy values grounded on mythology - honor, wisdom, duty, etc. - and ended up setting himself to endlessly write thousands of pages about utter misery, trreachery, evil and ugliness, which now he probably can't even stomach anymore. So now he wants do to anything but write ASOIF, escaping from the awful world he himself created by any excuse he can latch on.
Utter bollocks. He's written countless ASOIAF related material (an entire book in Fire & Blood) since Dance with Dragons.

He still loves the world, it's just that he doesn't give a shit about the main storyline. His passion's in endless court intrigues and fake history. If he could just write an ASOIAF wikipedia for the rest of his life, he'd be pleased as punch.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:40 pm

He's just written himself into a corner, and/or the way the TV series ended was closer to the real deal than he'd like to admit.
His main way of writing involves way too many characters meandering all over the place, with story arcs taking way too long and having miserable, unsatisfying conclusions (if they end at all).
Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:19 pm
TL;DW: Gurm set himself to write a post-modernist magnum opus to deconstruct the classic fantasy values grounded on mythology
The real post-modernist, deconstructive way to finish this tale is by not finishing it at all.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:08 pm

George ArrArr Martin is a huge hackfraud. The only point I can make in his favor is he seems to love the fantasy genre and has co-edited/compiled short story collections written by other authors. I don't particularly care for the writing of Gardner Dozois either, but I can't deny his name is in the credits of damn near every short story compilation ever published.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:17 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:44 am
Could you not pollute this thread with irrelevant faggot shit like that?
It is a book, ergo I am in the right place.
This is rich coming from the bloke who demands I keep my weeb spergs contained withing the weebshit thread.
>troon capeshit
Only when we start burning that filth again (along with the authors) will I qualify that as a book.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:30 pm

Getting away from the bleakness of George Ar Ar Fartin, has anyone ever read the Myth Adventures books? I feel you’d like those Rushy. They start as fantasy but get into dimension hopping shenanigans.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:43 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:30 pm
Getting away from the bleakness of George Ar Ar Fartin, has anyone ever read the Myth Adventures books? I feel you’d like those Rushy. They start as fantasy but get into dimension hopping shenanigans.
Must admit I've never heard of them, I appreciate the tip though
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:26 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:43 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:30 pm
Must admit I've never heard of them, I appreciate the tip though
Give them a whirl. The first title Another Fine Myth is a play on Laurel and Hardy if that’s your thing. Very funny, very clever. Lemme know what you think, they’re not too long and a smooth read.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:01 am

Ah, Robert Asprin, the absolute chad that made humor in fantasy novels presentable, like a Pre-Pratchett. Sadly gone too soon and doubly sadly riddled by writer's block.

In Krautland his series has been well received also, getting all sorts of demon puns instead of the untranslatable Mythadventures (z.B. Ein Dämon kommt selten allein, Ein Dämon wollte Hochzeit machen, Ein Dämon für alle Fälle)
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:00 am

Please tell me there's a Wenn ein Dämon zweimal klingelt.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette