Dizney buys Fox: More Derivative Memes

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Dizney buys Fox: More Derivative Memes

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 pm
cancel the simpsons
FOX and The Simpsons are hellbent on breaking some TV record. Number of episodes or something. I think it's held by Gunsmoke. It's why they've kept renewing it all this time even though the ratings are in the toilet. It would be hilarious if Disney canceled the show just shy of breaking the record.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 am

Seele wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 pm
It'll take a long time for that to happen. They now control almost 40% of the market now.
News Corp used to be big. There was a time when it seemed like Murdoch owned every newspaper and publication there ever was. That was in the '80s. Now they're selling off assets, including most of Fox which is their biggest asset. It only took about 30 years.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 am

I love how we have a situation of a media company like Disney gaining more power and control over an already stagnant media-space and all internet nobodies are going on about is fucking geekshit properties.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 am

Legit, what good was coming from any of these IPs before disney bought them?

Star Wars had the shitty prequels that sucked ass.
Marvel was never good, not since Spiderman 1 and 2.
FOX sucks balls and always will.

I don't see anything changing. The only bad part of jizzney gaining a bigger share of the market is the monopoly issue + these franchises will never ever die now. But that second one isn't a big deal, because the big franchises like simpsons and star wars were never going to die anyway. If George hadn't sold Star Wars, he still would have kept meddling with it. He can't help himself. That's why he was butthurt after the sale and called disney white slavers. He wanted to be the only one who could have executive power to meddle with star wars and he hated that they could do shit with his universe he didn't like. He looks at his shitty African American Pilotwings movie and thinks he's an artiste and friend to the common man, despite having more money than Scrooge McDuck.

I said in another thread that this is very convenient for me. The more bullshit gets bought by Disney and packaged under the same label, the easier it will be for me to tell whether or not an IP is garbage. I can just look for the Disney logo and know to steer clear.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:01 am

TheProgressive wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 am
I love how we have a situation of a media company like Disney gaining more power and control over an already stagnant media-space and all internet nobodies are going on about is fucking geekshit properties.
But muh X-Men in the MCU dood. Who cares if that Kathleen bitch will have more control over movies, who cares if more films will be boring and safe like Marvel's shit, we have all of our geekshit media under one glorious banner. If only Disney could buy DC, no more stupid Zack Snyder making geekshit movies, he should totally die for being an objectivist right? Imagine the crossover's guise.

Geek culture was a fucking mistake.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:10 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 am
The only bad part of jizzney gaining a bigger share of the market is the monopoly issue + these franchises will never ever die now.
Of course they will. When's the last time Disney ever really did anything with Mickey?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:31 pm

if you faggots would just stop throwing money at their crap this would never happen
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:34 pm

I wonder how many kids even know about Mickey these days.
Seele wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:07 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 pm
cancel the simpsons
That would be a blessing.
Don't rejoice yet. Still hoping for the unnecessary live-action version.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:34 pm
I wonder how many kids even know about Mickey these days.
They know about him, because he's probably the most successfully merchandised character in history. He's all over Disney's shit, he's all over the parks. But nobody cares about him, not even Disney themselves
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:34 pm
Don't rejoice yet. Still hoping for the unnecessary live-action version.
With John Goodman as Homer
Kugelfisch wrote:

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Disney has a habit of strip mining franchises they buy, just to keep selling on the one or two things that made it popular and giving control of new content to their in house fanboys.
I'd almost swear it was a deliberate decision, to tank any new stuff (Muppet movies, new Star Wars canon, Marvel comics) so that the old stuff will continue to look pristine and thus continue to steadily sell out like crazy.
Star Wars mini sperg belowShow

Lucas did a tremendous favor with the prequels, because he helped kill Star Wars and expose the retard fans, while at the same time leaving the door open for actually interesting stuff (like Old Republic). By leaving the rest of the past open and untouched, they allowed some really creative and cool ideas to come through. George did care because it didn't mess with his precious Anakin, and it made him more money.

The white slavers, though, (I love that term) decoded to make the sequels in the same way as bsfore, although Disneyfied and suck. [Anyone can be special and a Jedi! Hooray!] This slowly kills off the franchise, but also now you have to start from scratch on anything else you want to have fill in the world--no more future tales that were actually interesting.

I feel like they did a good job on Rogue One because it was a side story with a known endijng (everybody had to die) and also part of the main franchise, which meant they wouldn't fuck it up because it was part of the sacred cash cow trilogy.

The sequels of course don't make any damn sense from a marketing standpoint either. Captain Phasma is pushed as a big deal, yet all we see is her surrender and then die like a botch in the next movie? It's so capatalistically indefensible it has to be on purpose. These films are just there to finance the park construction where everyone can ooh and aah the Millenium Falcon in a few years and turn off the brain to just stare at the cool thing they remember.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.