Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:17 am

That may be, but I'm serious about CAIR. Those shifty Muslim fucks created CAIR partially in response to True Lies. They shamed the movie so badly for daring to depict Muslim terrorists. (Because Muslim terrorists don't exist real life or anything.)

In response, all subsequent Hollywood movies didn't use Muslims as terrorists. The story of Sum of All Fears was changed so that Neo-Nazis were the terrorist villains instead of the Palestinians.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:44 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:17 am
That may be, but I'm serious about CAIR. Those shifty Muslim fucks created CAIR partially in response to True Lies. They shamed the movie so badly for daring to depict Muslim terrorists. (Because Muslim terrorists don't exist real life or anything.)

In response, all subsequent Hollywood movies didn't use Muslims as terrorists. The story of Sum of All Fears was changed so that Neo-Nazis were the terrorist villains instead of the Palestinians.
CAIR has ties to the Muslim Brotherhoodas well. They have a plan started in 1991 to subvert America, and it 1994 that group suddenly pops up. Surprise, surprise.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:32 pm
It's never been released on Blu-ray.
You mean you don't want to buy True Lies on DVHS?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:57 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 pm
It begins with a scene of Arnold taking a ballet lesson. You have to have your eyes open to savor the whole 100% Arnold-ballet experience!
Shit, am I thinking of a different movie? I'm talking about the one that begins with him, well, pumping iron with that other dude. They go all "Yeah, really push! Deeper! Come on, give it all you have" "Nyaaah!". :lol:
Charlar wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:50 am
Even Junior?
It's better than it would be with somebody else. I'm saying "better", not that Arnold is a fucking wizard and makes it good. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Hellraiser 4(aka Pinhead In Space) is almost tragic in the sense of how hard it got butchered by the producers.
What's left is an insanely convoluted story trying to tie together the previous, vastly different sequels by finally explaining the backstory of the puzzle box. It *almost* works(the anthology aspect is neat), which is the tragic part. But in the end, it's a mess and Pinhead himself feels out of place in this story.

All worth it for this quote, though: "DO I LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO CARES WHAT GOD THINKS?!"
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Though I think you can turn it into a decent fan edit by cutting out the space part, and maybe add in some scenes from the previous movies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Or you just watch the movies like I did, which is over three days while blazing hard. That's the reason I can't really tell you which movie is which. They blend together. Only the first one really stands out in my mind.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:26 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:25 pm
Though I think you can turn it into a decent fan edit by cutting out the space part, and maybe add in some scenes from the previous movies.
The space parts are kind of necessary to the plot, but I would've liked for them to clarify who the female demon was, and her motivations.
Also, it would've helped to cut out the interview from the space part and just let the three eras flow naturally from one to the other. The 1990s section could've used some tweaking too, as it seemed rather rushed.

Not looking forward to the DTV sequels, except maybe the one with Lance Henriksen.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:04 am

I'm currently making my way through Béla Tarr's oeuvre. I wouldn't necessarily say it's an endurance test because I genuinely love his films, but it's definitely time-consuming.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:44 am

Didn't he make a film that stars potatoes?