Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Monster movies bad. Reeeee.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:37 pm
>Disney first approached Alien, Prometheus and Alien: Covenant director Ridley Scott. The iconic filmmaker apparently turned in a script that was “convoluted and incoherent,” so they ditched that and went with a team of new writers. Disney is said to be impressed by what they produced and envisages it being the seed for a rebirth of the franchise with a new entry planned to hit theaters every 1-2 years.
So just like rise of skywalker, THEY went to the original creator for advice and then threw them out cause they didn't like what they made. Well why the fuck even go to them in the first place? A lot of these veteran film makers are old, washed up and are hacks but I'd still rather they make it because as shit as it might be, it wouldnt be a "remember me!? I'm just like the old movies except now i got a woman as the main character!"

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:09 pm

They probably thing it's more "legit" if one of the original creators is on board, though they only consider it a nice bonus.
Seeing how well Terminator: Dork Fate did, I can see why they're not considered a necessity.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:14 pm

The cultural vandals prefer to get the original creators to assist in their vandalism. Sort of like how the statue tossers prefer to get local government to do it for them.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pm
So just like rise of skywalker, THEY went to the original creator for advice and then threw them out cause they didn't like what they made. Well why the fuck even go to them in the first place? A lot of these veteran film makers are old, washed up and are hacks but I'd still rather they make it because as shit as it might be, it wouldnt be a "remember me!? I'm just like the old movies except now i got a woman as the main character!"
Except in this particular case, they'd actually have to change it to male to be different :lol:
Anyway, Scott's only notable achievement with the franchise was making the first film atmospheric through his good direction. He didn't write the script, plot the story, conceive the Xenomorphs or anything like that. He just got most of the credit because the film looked cool and had a decent pace. He's not a George Lucas and only remains involved with the franchise because of nostalgia. There is no reason to let him call the shots.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:37 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:31 pm
Disney contacted Ridley Scott on a deal about making Alien movies every 1-2 years. Apparently, it's going to be a reboot of sorts, with no Ellen Ripley. They want a "Mary Elizabeth Winstead"-type protagonist who's perfect at anything & everything. They also want to aim at something more PG-13 to cater to wider audiences. :lol: :lol: :lol:
>Disney first approached Alien, Prometheus and Alien: Covenant director Ridley Scott. The iconic filmmaker apparently turned in a script that was “convoluted and incoherent,” so they ditched that and went with a team of new writers. Disney is said to be impressed by what they produced and envisages it being the seed for a rebirth of the franchise with a new entry planned to hit theaters every 1-2 years.
>Reports are that this project doesn’t feature Ellen Ripley or David and isn’t directly connected to any previous movie, but also isn’t a complete reboot. According to the leak, the story centers on a group of colonists trying to find a planet on which they can establish independence from governments and companies. They chance upon one that appears hospitable and seems to be free of life, but it won’t surprise you that this isn’t strictly true.
>The hero will be a “Mary Elizabeth Winstead type” named Fiona, a science officer that begins to realize there’s more to her new home than meets the eye. Cue the eggs, the Facehuggers and the running and the screaming. But there’s a twist, as Fiona manages to successfully grow an alien in her laboratory and train it not to kill her. This ‘friendly’ Xenomorph will then be sent out into battle to defend the colonists, eventually dying while killing its nemesis. The script apparently ends on a sequel hook, with eggs aboard Fiona’s ship as she leaves the planet.
>If true, it’s an interesting direction and seems to take cues from various 1990s Dark Horse comics that explored the possibility of taming the Xenomorph. I have my doubts about whether a pet alien is a good idea, but it sounds like they’re taking some inspiration from the trained raptors in Jurassic World, which could be exciting.

It's the Sequel Trilogy all over again, but even worse.
This sounds like the kind of formulaic hackery Disney would do, but a new movie every 1-2 years? No way; that has got to be a lie. The Alien franchise has never been as popular as Star Wars or the MCU; pumping out a new movie every 1-2 years doesn't make any sense from a business perspective.
Rushy wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:26 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pm
Except in this particular case, they'd actually have to change it to male to be different :lol:
Anyway, Scott's only notable achievement with the franchise was making the first film atmospheric through his good direction. He didn't write the script, plot the story, conceive the Xenomorphs or anything like that. He just got most of the credit because the film looked cool and had a decent pace. He's not a George Lucas and only remains involved with the franchise because of nostalgia. There is no reason to let him call the shots.
True. With Alien, you can't point to a single person and say "this man is responsible for the film's success." Alien is collaborative filmmaking at its finest. While Scott's direction undeniably added a lot to the film, he didn't have creative control; he had to make compromises with the producers. Also, O'Bannon's screenplay went through numerous rewrites that he didn't approve of.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Alien has the popularity of Ripley going for it. She ties into the feminist angle and everybody loves her. The series could also technically sustain a new entry every 1-2 years on a creative level, because when you boil down to it, they're just monster movies. They're thinking that they'll make a horror version of Tremors, with Sigourney Weaver showing up every movie to fight a new bunch in some random corner of space.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:30 pm

I really don't see where the franchise can go at this point. Part of the appeal of the original film was the mystery surrounding the xenomorph; you were given just enough info to know how big a threat it is, and that was it. Aliens ruined a lot of the mystery, but that film worked because James Cameron took the series in a completely different direction, switching things up from slow-paced horror to war-movie style action. Since Aliens, no one has been able to figure out what to do with the franchise.

Turning it into the Tremors franchise wouldn't work because Tremors always had a sense of humor, whereas people expect Alien to be dark and serious. Alien: Resurrection attempted the goofy monster movie approach, and it was an abomination that no one liked. Also, while everyone likes Ripley, we all know that Disney would do what Joss Whedon did in Resurrection; turn her into a soulless quip machine. Plus Sigourney Weaver is too old to be fighting xenomorphs.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:07 am

Crazy idea: Don't make another Alien movie.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:38 am

Who's going to make a new Alien movie? Can you name a writer or director working in Hollywood today who isn't a mentally ill twat or an aging has been coasting on their prior success or an empty suit there to carry out the will of coked out Jew producers?

Who's the young Ridley Scott? Who's the new James Cameron? Where's the heir to Coppola, Carpenter, Donner? That's just the mid level pulp talent, the flawed directors who still make memorable movies. Or at least they used to.

If they're out there, they're not working in Hollywood. It's all Russo Brothers and Rian Johnsons and Steven Cooglers now, and that cunt who directed Wonder Woman.

Is the Alien franchise old and gay and ready to be buried? Maybe, maybe not, but it doesn't matter because there's nobody left working in the Studio System who can do anything with the material because they're all to busying snorting prozac and taking it in the ass.