Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 am

Honestly, I thought one was enough. T2 may be a great action flick, but it doesn't hold up narratively at all. Plus, the middle without the T-1000 is a slog(and before anyone attacks me for being a millennial with a low attention span, I watch shit from back in the 1930s).
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:36 pm

I guess I should just start embracing this monotonous and depressing age of remakes, origin stories, capeshit, and sequels. Can’t fight it, so I might as well just accept it and look forward to that very necessary Jumanji remake.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Fuuuck, I remember when the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was about America's dark underbelly, and what the evils of capitalism can force people into. Back when the Sawyers were deluded butchers remembering the lost family pride.

Now it's just "dem hillbillies be fucked up". The 2017 Leatherface movie is basically a roadtrip with Texans, where the gimmick is that one of them is our masked hero and you have to guess who.

On the positive side, the actors picked for the younger versions of Drayton, Grandpa and the Hitchhiker are all excellent. But we barely get to see them because the movie is about idiot teens, one of whom happens to go through convoluted shit and ends up being revealed as the longlost Sawyer family member.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Oh boy oh boy, a horror movie featuring a cast of lovable idiot teens? I can't wait to watch that one!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:57 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:50 pm
Oh boy oh boy, a horror movie featuring a cast of lovable idiot teens? I can't wait to watch that one!
Tbf, we had a bunch in the original too, but then that film was all about the build-up whereas this film basically forgets about the Sawyers apart from the first and last act.

It almost feels like one of those Hellraiser sequels where the script originally had nothing to do with Hellraiser.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:22 am
But they killed off Sarah Connor in T3. Or did Genesys undo that? I never bothered to see that one.
Cameron has the rights back and is making the "real" T3. I assume she'll play Future Sarah at the end or something, like that deleted scene in T2 where they stopped Judgement Day.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:12 am

Surprisingly, I actually ended up enjoying Texas Chainsaw 3D quite a bit. Yeah, it was illogical and got really lame with turning Leatherface a hero at the end, but the teens were alright, it was neat to see a direct continuation of the 1974 film and it was paced well enough.

Most notably, I think Dan Yeager is the only guy to really feel like the same Leatherface(Bill Johnson from TCM 2 comes close, but that film is a comedy).

I must also applaud the choice of Bill Moseley(Chop Top in TCM 2) as Drayton, who pulled off a great Jim Siedow impression despite not looking anything like him.

So yeah, it wasn't a great film, but it's easily the best since Tobe Hooper. Now I've just got to muster up the interest to watch the remake prequel and I'm finally done with this franchise.
Kugelfisch wrote:

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 am

Charlar wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
But they killed off Sarah Connor in T3. Or did Genesys undo that? I never bothered to see that one.
Undid that. In short the timeline was altered because a reprogrammed T-800 and Sarah Connors destroyed the original T-800 so the previous timeline is gone, Kyle Reese and them go to 2017, kill the original John Connors who was made into a T-3000 by the T-5000 that attacked him when Kyle was being sent back, they blow Cyberdine, ride into the sunset. Oh and a mid credits scene show that Skynet system core survived the explosion so they failed.

I had to look it up and that wasn't all the stupid shit that happened
This sounds like (bad) fanfiction. Fuck me even the names T-3000, T-5000 it is close to Dragon Ball AF and SSJ5, SSJ6 recolors. Just slap a higher number You don't need to create any reasoning how and why the technology improved. Just give him nanite superpowers, because it sounds cool.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 am

sigh wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 am
Charlar wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
Undid that. In short the timeline was altered because a reprogrammed T-800 and Sarah Connors destroyed the original T-800 so the previous timeline is gone, Kyle Reese and them go to 2017, kill the original John Connors who was made into a T-3000 by the T-5000 that attacked him when Kyle was being sent back, they blow Cyberdine, ride into the sunset. Oh and a mid credits scene show that Skynet system core survived the explosion so they failed.

I had to look it up and that wasn't all the stupid shit that happened
This sounds like (bad) fanfiction. Fuck me even the names T-3000, T-5000 it is close to Dragon Ball AF and SSJ5, SSJ6 recolors. Just slap a higher number You don't need to create any reasoning how and why the technology improved. Just give him nanite superpowers, because it sounds cool.
I forgot the T-5000 was the humanoid form of Skynet. Good thing was that it was erased by the timeline changes
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

Of course it was, Every fucking time the mechanical overlords need a individual humanoid avatar to interact with humanity.